I cannot see class lists for Primary on my tools app

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
aj1981

I cannot see class lists for Primary on my tools app

Post by aj1981 »

I have been recently called as a Primary President and am missing some functions on the LDS tools app.
When I go into 'Organizations' then 'Primary' I get a list of classes, however when I select a class it only shows me the teachers name, not the children in the class. My friend who is the YW President can see the primary children's names when she does the same thing I do....so weird. So I am wondering if there is some special setting I need to use? We both have Samsung phones. I also don't have the 'Reports' tab coming up in the list where it has 'Organisations, Calenders etc.
I have Uninstalled the app, restarted my phone and it hasn't made a difference. I have also done updates manually and it didn't change anything.
Can someone please help with this? Thank you in advance from Aotearoa
eblood66

Re: I cannot see class lists for Primary on my tools app

Post by eblood66 »

How long has it been since the clerk recorded your calling? It may take as long as 24 hours from the time it's recorded until your rights become active. And then for the mobile app you also need to sync the data after that point. So if it hasn't been that long just wait and then do a sync after it's been 24 hours and things should update.

If it's been longer than that, then first go to https://lcr.churchofjesuschrist.org and verify that you have rights to see that information in LCR. If not then your calling probably hasn't been recorded correctly and you should contact your ward clerk.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

You may also want to make sure that you are signed into the Member Tools app on your phone, and not someone else.
annetteknudson

Post by annetteknudson »

I also am a primary president and ran into this same issue. When I use that link (the one for LCR) I am able to see the children in each class but still cannot see that information in the app. My app appears to be synced and updated.

This issue first started around Christmas time for me but it worked before that (meaning before that time I could see this information in the app). Is this some glitch then? If so, is there some place I should report this other than replying to this forum post?

Thank you!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

annetteknudson wrote:I also am a primary president and ran into this same issue. When I use that link (the one for LCR) I am able to see the children in each class but still cannot see that information in the app. My app appears to be synced and updated.
I'd try syncing again well away from the Sunday "rush hour". It's possible a back-end service necessary to get that list wasn't available when you synced last.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
pstewart9

Post by pstewart9 »

Our primary presidency is reporting that they can no longer see class lists in the app, but they can on LCR. I’m new to this Forum, is there a way to send a report to the app developers?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

pstewart9 wrote:Our primary presidency is reporting that they can no longer see class lists in the app, but they can on LCR. I’m new to this Forum, is there a way to send a report to the app developers?
The most direct way to report an issue in an app is to use the Feedback function in the app. It might be in a branch in the menu tree, but I don't have the app to be able to find it for you. Another method is to use the Feedback button or link on the Church main web page and ask that the report be routed to the app developers.
ScottJB

Post by ScottJB »

My daughter had the exact same issue where she could see it on LCR but not in the app. She had done an update but had never completely logged out of the app and logged back in. Doing that will allow the app to complete the update. Once she did that everything was working again and she had access to see the primary children’s information on the app again.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”