Update?

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
mrnonaustralianguy

Update?

Post by mrnonaustralianguy »

There was something on the Church website I found about there being a new feature added to Member Tools that allowed quorum/class secretaries to record attendance. Where is it? Is there an update? I can't seem to find an update on the App Store.
Jeremy 🎶
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Update?

Post by lajackson »

Member Tools should automatically update and you should find the feature under Reports. Not being an iOS user, I am not sure how to get an app to download manually if a newer version is available. In Android, they usually update within a day.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

On Android, it is called "Class and Quorum Attendance" in the Reports menu. There are a few other threads on this topic in the forum with additional discussions.
mrnonaustralianguy

Post by mrnonaustralianguy »

I am the teacher’s quorum secretary in my ward. I can’t see the reports tab. Would a youth be able to see that?
Jeremy 🎶
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

jeremynwest wrote:I am the teacher’s quorum secretary in my ward. I can’t see the reports tab. Would a youth be able to see that?
The youth quorum and class presidencies are not listed on the access table. Based on that, I would think they would not see that report. The advisors are listed in the access table and they do not have access to the report. If you are assigned to track attendance, you will probably have to report it to the YM secretary to record online.

No one here knows why. You are welcome to provide feedback via the app or a church website. Another method would be to ask your bishop to discuss it with your stake president (who can bring it up in his coordinating council if he chooses).
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

davesudweeks wrote:If you are assigned to track attendance, you will probably have to report it to the YM secretary to record online.
The Young Men secretary calling went away with the Young Men presidency (see October 2019 letter). So, I think a member of the bishopric or a ward clerk are the only people who can record attendance for Aaronic Priesthood quorums currently.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

sbradshaw wrote:
davesudweeks wrote:If you are assigned to track attendance, you will probably have to report it to the YM secretary to record online.
The Young Men secretary calling went away with the Young Men presidency (see October 2019 letter). So, I think a member of the bishopric or a ward clerk are the only people who can record attendance for Aaronic Priesthood quorums currently.
Thanks, just after I posted, I thought I had read about that but could not recall precisely and was on my lunch break at work.
crandle

Post by crandle »

Anyone know if there is going to be an update to allow Aaronic Priesthood quorum secretaries or the advisors access to track this online?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

crandle wrote:Anyone know if there is going to be an update to allow Aaronic Priesthood quorum secretaries or the advisors access to track this online?
Nothing has been announced.

The fact it hasn't been fixed yet doesn't offer much hope. I'd move forward on the assumption that it won't.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”