hymn and children sheet music transposition tool

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
dpellyet

hymn and children sheet music transposition tool

Post by dpellyet »

Is the transposition tool [to adjust the key of hymns and other materials on the LDS site] no longer available? It used to require Flash, which is no longer. If this option to transpose hymn and other sheet music is available, please post the link. TIA Dave Elliott
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: hymn and children sheet music transposition tool

Post by sbradshaw »

The Flash-based interactive sheet music player on the Church website is no longer available, and there's no replacement yet; however, developers are working on a new iteration of the music website, parts of which are being A/B tested. The updated music website will include a new interactive sheet music tool similar to the previous one; but I don't know what the timeline is. Music website improvements may be released a little bit at a time.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
brookeanhder

Post by brookeanhder »

Thank you for posting this update on the interactive music player (transposer). I have been trying to find out what the new plan was since the Flash player expired. This is a very useful tool for beginning organists. We are able to transpose to a more manageable key and then change the key back to a singable range using the organ transpose dial.
ctolson

Post by ctolson »

Is it possible to get on the list to help beta test this new developing feature?
Rubina

Post by Rubina »

Very keen to have the same tools available as before - transposition as well as listening to parts were very useful and time-saving. Thank you :-)
jilltmoney

Post by jilltmoney »

Yes! I used the transposition tool frequently, and hope it will return! I would be happy to be a beta tester.
sisteraprilreinhardt

Post by sisteraprilreinhardt »

I am anxiously awaiting an update where we can use the transpose tool again! That is an invaluable tool, especially for higher-ranged Hymns to transpose into a more manageable singing range. When can we expect to have a transpose function again?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

aprilreinhardt wrote:When can we expect to have a transpose function again?
That is a common question asked for much of Church technology development. Unfortunately we rarely are given a time schedule. And because the forum is user-to-user help and support there is likely no one here who can give a hint.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
akhuber

Post by akhuber »

Just adding my voice to how useful that tool is. I'd also be happy to be a beta tester. Also I did notice one time what I was quite sure was an error in a transposed version of a hymn (the sharp or flat was missing from a note if I remember correctly - something like that) so, developers, don't assume that a perfect match to what the old tool output was 100% certain to be correct. That's got to be very tricky program - my hat's off to you developers!
ruthygrey

Post by ruthygrey »

May I please try out the new tool to transpose music? I could really use it. Thank you

Return to “General Discussions”