"Come Follow Me" widget

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
PettingillRA

"Come Follow Me" widget

Post by PettingillRA »

I set up the new widget on my Galaxy S20 to quickly access "Come Follow Me". Tapping the widget just opens a blank white page. Is this a bug, or did I do something wrong?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: "Come Follow Me" widget

Post by sbradshaw »

There was a content issue over the weekend that caused the Come, Follow Me widget (and banner) to not navigate correctly in Android Gospel Library on Sundays. This has been fixed with a new content update that went out this morning.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mream

Post by mream »

This is still not working for me. Still get the blank page.
eaahern

Post by eaahern »

I got the widget and when I tried it out, I realized very quickly that if I navigate to a new page in the Gospel Library app it changes my page in the Come Follow Me widget and vice versa. Is that supposed to happen? The widget seems kind of pointless if it is. If that's not what's supposed to happen, does anyone know how to solve the problem?
JaredEHaskell

Post by JaredEHaskell »

My widget keeps automatically taking me to the youth version of the weeks readings. That is not my age group and Im sure there differences in the text. Is there a way to set it so that my widget opens to the individuals and families section instead? Or would have to be covered by an update?
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

I just looked on my phone and found that the path that the widget took me to is
Library > Audiences > Youth > Seminary and Come, Follow Me > Doctrine and Covenants 2021 > March > March 1-7
If I go back 2 steps and look at the Title Page it indicates that this is the Come, Follow Me for Families and Individuals
I also compared the text with the printed manual for this week and they appeared to be identical.
and If I navigate to
Library > Come, Follow Me > Individuals and Families > Doctrine and Covenants > March > March 1-7
and check the path it shows that I am back to the youth path
but always the correct manual
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
jojdehony

Post by jojdehony »

I have tried all day to get the come follow me widget and it has nit worked. I have an android and all of the group that had I phone got it right away. All Android gave up on it
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jojdehony wrote:I have tried all day to get the come follow me widget and it has nit worked. I have an android and all of the group that had I phone got it right away. All Android gave up on it
I tried it on my Android and it worked. Placing the widget was simple enough. Trying to download the content via the widget may have run into problems. I went into GL and downloaded by tapping the header. After that, the widget worked fine.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”