Stake Conference - Connection Limit?

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
chapmanjec

Stake Conference - Connection Limit?

Post by chapmanjec »

Quick searches didn't yield many recent results, so my apologies if I missed something obvious.

In practice, how many connections can a meeting scheduled as 'Stake Conference' in the church system support, assuming the building's pipe to the Internet is stable?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Stake Conference - Connection Limit?

Post by russellhltn »

I assume you're talking about the church webcast. I don't know as there is a limit - at least not one that would affect a stake.

The building's connection only has to support the connection to the servers. The number of viewers doesn't impact the bandwidth used.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
chapmanjec

Post by chapmanjec »

Sorry if I wasn't more clear above... I just wonder if there's a limit to how many viewers the Azure virtual machine we point our broadcast stream to can support. I'd like to think we'll hit 2k in a couple weeks; if that's an issue we'll need to plan something else.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I haven't hear about any limits in the current iteration of webcast.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nmecantwin73

Post by nmecantwin73 »

Per https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/hel ... t?lang=eng
Webcast cloud resources will automatically scale to support over 3,000 concurrent webcast viewing connections.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”