Parse a URL?

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

BartHumphries

Parse a URL?

Post by BartHumphries »

There are only like 50 or so categories of stuff, right? Would it be possible to add "parse url" to the search box or something so that it takes a url then opens whatever it is?

For instance: https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... r?lang=eng is Saints Vol 1, chapter 36. Who's in charge of the URL naming schema for the church and how do we get a list of the different categories? I'd be happy to help.
spencerto
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Parse a URL?

Post by spencerto »

Hey Bart, not sure I follow what you are looking for here, but keep in mind that there is support for other languages besides English that we need to consider.
johnsabraham

Re: Parse a URL?

Post by johnsabraham »

Hi Bart,
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are already using a browser, like Chrome, to view URLs ("Uniform Resource Locator"), so why not just use that browser to manage your Church URLs? Intellectual Reserve, Inc. would have to add a browser to Gospel Library otherwise (Hint to IR: or they could just pass URLs to the Windows default browser and then display it), and that seems to be a lot of work just so that we can complain about how Chrome is better!

Just a thought

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”