Checking Sunday Attendance Reporting

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
razor7

Checking Sunday Attendance Reporting

Post by razor7 »

Hello--

Our Bishop would like to check and see how the various organizations are doing on inputting their Sunday class and quorum attendance. Can someone kindly tell me how I can check that?

Thank you,

--Stephen
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Checking Sunday Attendance Reporting

Post by lajackson »

razor7 wrote:Our Bishop would like to check and see how the various organizations are doing on inputting their Sunday class and quorum attendance. Can someone kindly tell me how I can check that?
I think that the easiest way would be to go to Leader and Clerk Resources and look and see.
razor7

Post by razor7 »

I see. So there's no report I can run. I just need to look at each organization's attendance page and see if they are checking the boxes.

Thanks!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

In LCR go to Reports > Class and Quorum Attendance and then select the class or quorum in question in the second drop-down list box.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
razor7

Post by razor7 »

jdlessley wrote:In LCR go to Reports > Class and Quorum Attendance and then select the class or quorum in question in the second drop-down list box.
Even better!

Many thanks!
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

Good luck checking. I see that our Relief Society has been recording attendance, and it is duplicating under Sunday School with the same sisters' name and dates. A quick test showed me that it does the same thing if Sunday School is entered first, and the same issue exists with Elders Quorum and Sunday School. Very disappointing. I have reported it in feedback. Since they have now sent two emails to use this attendance software and the end of the quarter is coming up, quarterly reports will probably be much less than accurate. More testing is needed before software is made live.
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

garystroble wrote:Good luck checking. I see that our Relief Society has been recording attendance, and it is duplicating under Sunday School with the same sisters' name and dates. A quick test showed me that it does the same thing if Sunday School is entered first, and the same issue exists with Elders Quorum and Sunday School. Very disappointing. I have reported it in feedback. Since they have now sent two emails to use this attendance software and the end of the quarter is coming up, quarterly reports will probably be much less than accurate. More testing is needed before software is made live.
There is only 1 roll, the class selector just filters to those in the class
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

Then how exactly are we supposed to check and see if the organizations are reporting correctly if entering in one sub-class throws it into another sub-class as well? Oh, and deleting it from SS deletes it from RS also. That is what is happening now, but it is quite difficult to use in that form.

Example: RS enters a sister attending on the 2nd Sunday, but the system also then shows her attending SS on the same Sunday. Does that seriously make any sense?

I just checked a Young Man by testing. Entered him attending Priesthood on a date, and it then showed him attending youth Sunday School on the same date. How is that going to translate into correctly numbers for the quarterly report? Or is the new quarterly report not going to care which class a person attends to record them as attending in the reporting month?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Class And Quorum Attendance

Post by russellhltn »

garystroble wrote:I see that our Relief Society has been recording attendance, and it is duplicating under Sunday School with the same sisters' name and dates. A quick test showed me that it does the same thing if Sunday School is entered first, and the same issue exists with Elders Quorum and Sunday School.
Given that Sunday School and RS/PH are held on separate days, I'm not sure as that's an issue.

I'm looking at it as "is the member attending" and both SS and RS/PH are able to answer that question.

If you try to divide them up, then the question becomes who records the 5th Sunday? Plus, it's possible that some wards juggle things around when the normal schedule is disrupted. As such, "hard coding" who can record what days may not be desirable.

(For example, General Conference will be Oct 3rd. Is Oct 10th "first Sunday" or "second Sunday"? Keep in mind, there's 5 Sundays that month. If you hard-code things, the answer has to be logical and binding on every unit.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

This will thoroughly confuse our secretaries when they log in and persons are already marked attending because another organization had marked them as attending on a date. When they think that there was no SS, RS or PH that Sunday and delete the attendance, they will delete it where it is supposed to be as well. Sorry, this is not going to end well.

Return to “Reports and Forms”