Is there somewhere on the Church website I can go to watch this Church film?

Discussions on how emerging technology can assist the distribution of media content through mobile, kiosks, Internet, social networks, etc.
mrnonaustralianguy

Is there somewhere on the Church website I can go to watch this Church film?

Post by mrnonaustralianguy »

“The Testaments: Of One Fold and One Shepherd” is my favorite Church film and my favorite film in general of all time. It never fails to make my eyes tear up, especially during the last scene.

I love this film so much, and I want to share it with friends who may be struggling spiritually and could use a pick-me-up.

I have found many of the Church’s films on the online media library (media.churchofjesuschrist.org), and I was wondering if, similarly to the other films, if there is somewhere on the Church website I could go to watch the film, and possibly be able to share the link with friends as I mentioned earlier.

For those of you who haven’t watched it, I highly encourage you to watch it. I highly recommend it, and, at least for me, it never fails to bring tears to your eyes and fill you with the Spirit. And even if you have, rewatch it! I’ve watched it hundreds of times and it never grows old. Please let me know what you think of it.
Jeremy 🎶
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Is there somewhere on the Church website I can go to watch this Church film?

Post by lajackson »

It is available on DVD from the Church Store. Otherwise, I believe that any places you might find it online would not be approved sites.
wwoodford

Re: Is there somewhere on the Church website I can go to watch this Church film?

Post by wwoodford »

It is available on Youtube https://youtu.be/fnFITzc3cuY
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Most Church films from the past 20 years or so are available on the Church website, but this one is an exception. Because it is for sale from the online store as a DVD, it's a mystery why it's not available online. My speculation is that there may be licensing limitations on some of the music, imagery, script, or other content, not fully owned by the Church. Since it was produced in 2000, at the time they may have never considered the need to get licensing rights for online streaming or online distribution. You could try requesting that it be put online by sending feedback. If there's a lot of demand and if licensing rights are the issue, the Church may renew efforts to secure licensing rights – along similar lines, I know they've renewed efforts a few times over the years to get rights to publish copyright-restricted hymns digitally (with some successes, some not). Again, licensing limitations is speculation, but it seems the most likely to me.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:Again, licensing limitations is speculation, but it seems the most likely to me.
I seem to recall an issue in the past with the contractual agreement with the actors - some who are not members.

No idea if that's the issue here.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Digital Media”