How to record 2 donations in the same envelop in the new online donation entry system

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How to record 2 donations in the same envelop in the new online donation entry system

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:If the situation here is something LCR doesn't support currently, then the solution for the time being is probably to just do it in MLS which definitely does support it.
That's assuming that donations in MLS it haven't been disabled in the test units. I'd be a little surprised if it hasn't.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Re: How to record 2 donations in the same envelop in the new online donation entry system

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:
eblood66 wrote:If the situation here is something LCR doesn't support currently, then the solution for the time being is probably to just do it in MLS which definitely does support it.
That's assuming that donations in MLS it haven't been disabled in the test units. I'd be a little surprised if it hasn't.
Out stake was involved in most of the previous beta releases for the finance side and the functionality in MLS was never disabled. In fact, I'm pretty sure that we can still print checks from MLS even though that's been released in LCR for a couple years now (I haven't tried myself in a while I believe one of the units I audited recently had still been using MLS).
dallas.smith

Post by dallas.smith »

davesudweeks wrote:
russellhltn wrote:Unless something has changed since I was a clerk, I think the intent is to track by donation slip, not the envelope. I'd just treat it as two separate envelopes.

Where it might get fun is trying to divide the cash between the two slips.
It was that way when I was a clerk up until a couple of years ago. The important thing is for the total amount to add up. So, for example, if 1 slip was for $7.00 and the other slip was for $3.00 and there was a $10 dollar bill with the two slips, I wouldn't worry about it - just enter each one individually as if they were each in their own envelope with their own cash. The bank won't care.
Our situation was similar to your example but the slips were for differnet people in the family. In this new beta version you enter the bills and coins for each donation and at the end you validate against your bills and coins. In your scenario you would need to put the $7 and $3 in under bills so that the $10 bill in the end matches the bank deposit. I'm not sure if the system will complain about a $7 bill.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”