Permission Slips for Church Activities for Youth

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
bobbychyldd

Permission Slips for Church Activities for Youth

Post by bobbychyldd »

I'm trying to discern the statement made in the scout LDS handbook on using Permission slips for activities. It is written in a somewhat confusing way and can be taken to mean two things: Either we fill out a church permission slip AND a scout permission slip for every activity OR we fill out the appropriate one depending on the activity.

Can someone clarify on this. It looks like they are the exact same thing in terms of warnings and permissions, but I wasn't sure if the church needs to be protected as well as BSA on all activities, or if the church will accept a BSA permission slip as coverage also.

Thanks,
Robert
johnshaw

Re: Permission Slips for Church Activities for Youth

Post by johnshaw »

It'll likely be best to engage with the High Councilman and Stake Presidency member over Scouting in your stake for clarification.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
lehrschallbrian

Post by lehrschallbrian »

If it is a BSA activity you only need BSA permission slip. If it is a Young Men's outing you should use the church permission slip.
lfouderkirk

Annual Permission Slips for Church Activities for Youth

Post by lfouderkirk »

Is there an annual youth activity permission document that can be used for all activities for the calendar year that require a signed permission slip from the youth's guardian? I am aware of the permission slip that is intended to be used for one specific activity only. I am looking for a document that signed would be valid for an entire calendar year. Or, is there a way to have a parent/guardian to "sign" a permission slip on the lds tools app that the leaders could then access electronically, if needed. This would be different from the .pdf file that can be filled out electronically and then printed, or saved and emailed. IF not, how do I submit a suggestion for this to be developed and available to leaders?
Thank you for your help.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Review General Handbook, 20.6.13. From that reference the only form mentioned is the Permission and Medical Release form. The form asks for specific information for the activity that requires written consent. All other Church activities that do not require written consent need only to have the parents or guardians be informed and give consent.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “General Discussions”