Breakout setting reset

Using Google Meet, Zoom, etc.)
drepouille

Breakout setting reset

Post by drepouille »

I was surprised to discover that the breakout room setting was turned off in my ward Zoom account. My STS checked his own ward and found that his breakout room setting had also been turned off. We concluded that Zoom did something this week to turn off the breakout room setting in multiple accounts. I did not discover this until the middle of Sacrament meeting today, when I wanted to create breakout rooms for the second hour classes, but could not find the control to do so. I had to end the meeting, then restart it during the transition to the second hour meetings.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
Biggles

Re: Breakout setting reset

Post by Biggles »

We found this morning that quite a few changes had been made to Zoom overnight. Including not being able to set Co-Hosts during the live stream. Great fun as it was our Stake Conference this weekend. The Reactions options, at the bottom of the screen, had just one option labelled “Raise Hand”.
swigginton

Re: Breakout setting reset

Post by swigginton »

Thanks for posting this. I just took a look and saw that several of our settings were changed, including breakout rooms, co-host and emojis. It may have been someone at Church HQ who made the change, since these settings didn't change on my personal Zoom account. I had to go through all the wards and our stake account to fix them.

Return to “Interactive Virtual Meetings”