Can I make a report of people who have paid tithing and fast offerings?

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
ericrigby

Can I make a report of people who have paid tithing and fast offerings?

Post by ericrigby »

My bishop wants a monthly report of people from our ward who pay tithing and fast offerings, but he wants them in separate categories (e.g. a report of all ward members who paid tithing for the month, and a separate report for all ward members who paid fast offerings for the month. I'm not sure how often people would fall into separate categories). In MLS you can search by Details by Subcategory on the Income and Expense Report, but there's not a way to filter or sort by people. It only lists it as a week-by-week thing showing who paid tithing or fast offerings. You can't group people to see all of a person's fast offering donations or anything. I'm just not sure if there's an easier way to generate this kind of report?
drepouille

Re: Can I make a report of people who have paid tithing and fast offerings?

Post by drepouille »

Since there is not an easy way to report this data, then perhaps it is inappropriate to do so?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
ericrigby

Post by ericrigby »

That's entirely possible. Or it's just one of those things that isn't a mainstream idea yet.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not aware of any requirement to pay fast offering, and Handbook 1:14.4.1.3 makes it clear that members can pay tithing annually if they wish to do so. So it seems like a monthly report if not used carefully could cause problems.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Also, some people without an income could be considered full tithe payers even if they never pay tithing.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I'm a bit interested in your Bishop's reasoning for this info. I don't discount it might be helpful, but to me it seems regarding tithes and offerings, the Church focuses more on teaching the correct principles and letting members govern themselves. Granted a Bishop can use discretion in a temple recommend interview if a member says "full tithe-payer" and the Bishop looks at the donation history which indicates otherwise, but otherwise donation regularity and quantity seems quite personal.

In LCR I can see a 3-year-history of Tithing Settlement status, so I can view the year-to-year trend specific to Tithing if desired. Perhaps your ward has a specific situation where having a monthly breakout of both tithing and fast offerings is of unique value?
paulsimonson

Post by paulsimonson »

We want to search to see whether a certain individual whom we have been unable to contact (apparently has a house here but is living abroad) has paid any tithing/offering in the past year online for purposes of trying to determine whether to leave her records in our ward or do something else with them. A way to do a quick search would be helpful.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

paulsimonson wrote:We want to search to see whether a certain individual whom we have been unable to contact (apparently has a house here but is living abroad) has paid any tithing/offering in the past year online for purposes of trying to determine whether to leave her records in our ward or do something else with them. A way to do a quick search would be helpful.

How ethical this would be I’m not sure, but I think it would be possible to use the Tithing Settlement > Generate New Statement option for the individual.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

paulsimonson wrote:We want to search to see whether a certain individual whom we have been unable to contact (apparently has a house here but is living abroad) has paid any tithing/offering in the past year online for purposes of trying to determine whether to leave her records in our ward or do something else with them.
I'm not sure why that would make a difference. Even if their records are not in your ward, if they contact online donation support, they can continue to pay using a US bank. I would not make that a factor.

General Handbook 33.6 and 33.6.4 gives pretty clear guidance.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

russellhltn wrote:I'm not sure why that would make a difference. Even if their records are not in your ward, if they contact online donation support, they can continue to pay using a US bank. I would not make that a factor.
I think you might have misunderstood the question being asked. As I understand it, the poster is asking how to check if the member in question has paid any tithing. My answer was a possible way to check.

Return to “Reports and Forms”