script to download stake member photos

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
matthewk

script to download stake member photos

Post by matthewk »

Has anyone created a script to download stake member photos off churchofjesuschrist.org? We want to visiting authority (and Stake Presidency) to be able to see photos of our stake members while they are speaking in our upcoming "virtual" stake conference. I expected some of you had already thought of doing this, and by reusing the script it could save me an hour or two :) .
mevans

Re: script to download stake member photos

Post by mevans »

I see your post is pretty old, so maybe the need has passed. What you're trying to do may be against what the church wants you to do. They've made it increasingly difficult to download any kind of data.

There used to be a very nice photo directory page, but they got rid of that. If you can scrape the photos, consider that the resolution may not be very good for what you want to do. I would think you might just see the people speaking if you're doing something like Zoom. I guess if this is still a need you can elaborate.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Is there still a manage photos page (only visible to clerks) at Directory.ChurchofJesusChrist.org that shows a grid of photos? If so, could that be printed or displayed on a screen directly?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
matthewk

Post by matthewk »

We had two remote stake conferences, but the next one may be in person.

Low resolution would be tolerable. We know that the member photos aren't professional quality in many cases.

I'm not finding a photo grid view page / manage photos page though I have been switch from an 'all permission' stake clerk to a more appropriate 'technical' stake clerk.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

sbradshaw wrote:Is there still a manage photos page (only visible to clerks) at Directory.ChurchofJesusChrist.org that shows a grid of photos? If so, could that be printed or displayed on a screen directly?
The only place a clerk or anyone with membership edit permissions can view all the photos at once is in lcr.churchofjesuschrist.org/manage-photos. A print capability is not provided. This is inline with privacy laws by which the Church must abide.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”