LCR Finance - Reconciliation Donation Online

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
cchang

LCR Finance - Reconciliation Donation Online

Post by cchang »

I noticed today that under the LCR Finance we are now able to enter donations instead of through MLS. Is this correct that we can submit tithing donations on LCR and not in MLS?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: LCR Finance - Reconciliation Donation Online

Post by lajackson »

cchang wrote:I noticed today that under the LCR Finance we are now able to enter donations instead of through MLS. Is this correct that we can submit tithing donations on LCR and not in MLS?
This online capability is being rolled out slowly. If you see the option, you should be able to use it. Many units still do not see it online, so they continue to use MLS.
brown67

Post by brown67 »

Where does this appear? I have a yellow box that says "Missing Weekly Donations," with today's date. If I click on the date it says, "You are missing donations from the week of 25 Jul 2021. Please select Enter Donations to add any donations you have for this week. If you did not receive any donations please select the No Donations button." When I click on Enter Donations it just gives me donation history and nowhere to enter donations. Maybe, it hasn't been rolled out here fully yet.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

brown67 wrote:Where does this appear?
Sorry I cannot help you. I do not yet have the option.

I expect that someone else will chime in fairly quickly though.
ronlawrence66

Post by ronlawrence66 »

My understanding is it is being tested only in certain stakes.
larry19810

Post by larry19810 »

The instructions for doing the LCR 'record donations' are shown as last updated on 28 April 2021 but I only saw the new choice this morning. The wording of the choice as it pops up is a bit awkward as it does not show a choice to 'wait' for later in the day. We have not received any donations from the Bishop yet at 7 am but expect to later in the day. In MLS if you start a batch it is difficult to stop and restart. Today in LCR, I chose the 'enter donations' choice and then when presented with the next screen (which does look correct for me), I just choose a different item from the upper menu (like expenses) and it takes me out of the enter donation screen. When I came back later, it does allow me the same choices of saying 'no donations' for this date or allowing me to start entering donations. Perhaps if I had chosen the 'No donations' for this date, it would still allow me to begin a batch later? The requirement to have both individuals working at the same device is reasonable BUT according to the updated instructions, midway through the batch one person has to log off LCR and the other has to log in to LCR to complete the batch. This is a bit more cumbersome than the dual signoff used in MLS. I haven't tried it for a real batch. I'll try that later today.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

larry19810 wrote:midway through the batch one person has to log off LCR and the other has to log in to LCR to complete the batch. This is a bit more cumbersome than the dual signoff used in MLS.
I'm no longer a clerk, but that does seem to be a step backwards (unless the expectation is counselors will log in using their smart phone, if they have one) to complete the batch. Perhaps the church will institute a simple username/password combo to approve the batch in the general release (similar to how MLS works).
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

The audit system used to just ask for the bishops password to sign the audit. But then they changed it so he has to log in to LUFAS himself to sign it. My guess is that they want to require the 2-factor authentication if the member has set it up. You don't want to scatter various authentication mechanisms throughout an application since it increases the chances that one of them isn't secure so it's better to just have the second authorization log in using the standard login mechanism.
jpjones~ogr

Post by jpjones~ogr »

A few weeks back we tried processing a batch of donations using LCR's interface. It failed miserably. Reading the "In-person donation entry in LCR" thread indicated that the LCR method wasn't quite ready for general use.

Yesterday I helped submit donations, and noticed that our MLS software allowed us to choose between continuing with MLS or redirecting to LCR. We used MLS because I wasn't ready to stay and solve problems, but I'm wondering how folks are getting on with using LCR for donation batches. Our big problem was getting the system to accept a second approval, and larry19810's post seems to indicate that the Church may have resolved this glitch.

Thanks, in advance, for any thoughts and insights.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

I’m sorry that you have had issues. We have been using the LCR Donations system for the last two Sundays. Keeping our fingers crossed, so far we haven’t run into problems.

I see that you are in the US. Could it be the usual Sunday server issues that seem to affect so many online Church systems?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”