Tithing donations to my account from a friend

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
halffast59

Tithing donations to my account from a friend

Post by halffast59 »

Is it possible for a friend from another state to donate online to my personal tithing fund? Would it be possible for me to enter his bank information as an additional donation source for my donation account and then he could log on at his computer and make donation?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Tithing donations online question

Post by lajackson »

halffast59 wrote: Is it possible for a friend from another state to donate online to my personal tithing fund?
No, because you do not have a personal tithing fund.

From your Church Account, you use your bank information to contribute to the tithing funds of the church. Your friend uses their Church Account and their bank information to contribute to the tithing funds of the church.

There is no reason for you to have someone else's banking information, and you certainly would not want to give someone else your Church Account credentials. They should use their own Church Account and contribute directly to the tithing fund. They do not need to go through you or anyone else to do that.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If by chance, you are talking about a missionary account, yes, people in the same country can contribute to the missionary account in another ward or stake. They would do so from their own church account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lesshell1

Post by lesshell1 »

I can not sign in today and I some how got thru yesterday and made my tithe donation for August, I wanted to do a nother donation for September but I Can not get thru to my account to donate to day.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

shelll wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:35 am I can not sign in today and I some how got thru yesterday and made my tithe donation for August, I wanted to do a nother donation for September but I Can not get thru to my account to donate to day.
According to this post the system was down for a bit this morning.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BrianEdwards

Re: Tithing donations to my account from a friend

Post by BrianEdwards »

Ignoring the issues about whether this is "proper", in your situation I'd suggest using a 3rd-party mobile payment service (venmo, etc) and have your friend send the money directly to you. Then you make the donation yourself into your church account. That said, you might want to consult with your Bishop to ensure you're properly considering how to manage your particular situation, wanting to have a friend donate to someone's tithing account raises a number of concerns.

Return to “Online Donations”