Pearl 2 Encoder to Webcast

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
ryanchai

Pearl 2 Encoder to Webcast

Post by ryanchai »

Can anyone confirm if other encoders are supported with the Church's webcast system. I am struggling to get our Pearl 2 to connect. The Teradek is okay but the Pearl has given us a significant upgrade in capability and I'd prefer to use it.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Pearl 2 Encoder to Webcast

Post by lajackson »

ryanchai wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:35 am Can anyone confirm if other encoders are supported with the Church's webcast system.
The Church webcast system should support anything that can properly sent it the necessary RTMP URL address and the Stream Name. I know it works with Teradek and J-Tech encoders, as well as feeds from OBS and Zoom.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

ryanchai wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:35 amI am struggling to get our Pearl 2 to connect.
The Pearl 2 is a really nice unit! (Very pricey too!) To stream to the Meetinghouse Webcast system, you'll have to par back on the Pearl 2's streaming capabilities. I would start with something like 720p30 or 1080p/30 with a video bitrate under 4Mb/s. You may not see an error if the VBR is too high, it just won't connect.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dave.swartz

Post by dave.swartz »

Also never increase the rate of encoding once the webcast starts. Going slower is ok. The webcasting software (at least as of May 2021) looks at the incoming rate of the encoder at the beginning of stream and will not increase it if you increase the encoding rate later.

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”