Liahona Sign-in on Church TV

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
Biggles

Re: Liahona Sign-in on Church TV

Post by Biggles »

As a Branch Clerk, I believe that is one of your many callings gleaned from another post on the forum, you should have access to TM which would allow you manage the WAP’s. The Lehi SSID is only visible when there is a password entered and that hasn’t expired.
Or am I stating something you are already aware of?
awev

Post by awev »

I had not paid enough attention to if I can see the Lehi network only when it has a password or not, yet my phone knows it is there, so I would have to force my phone to forget the network before trying to see if it is visible or not when a password is set.

I can go in and reboot or blink the WAPs, even do a ping test, yet everything else generates an authorization denied error message for me. I think I saw on a different thread where it stated STS along with bishops and presidents could disable WAPs, yet ASTs and clerks/secretaries could not. Kind of like the access rules for who can view class assignments or attendance rolls, and who can't, on LCR part of the website.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

awev wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:39 am I had not paid enough attention to if I can see the Lehi network only when it has a password or not, yet my phone knows it is there, so I would have to force my phone to forget the network before trying to see if it is visible or not when a password is set.
Sounds like a bug. When first implemented, the SSID didn't turn off when the password expired. They fixed that, but maybe failed to disable it completely.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”