Who can submit reimbursements?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
chanfnkl

Who can submit reimbursements?

Post by chanfnkl »

Who in the ward is able to submit financial reimbursements? We have a sister who is unable to access the reimbursement tabs as a YW Advisor and I am wondering if this is because only certain callings can submit expense reports. Does she need to have a YW presidency member or someone else with the authorization to submit it for her? Thank you.
davesudweeks

Re: Who can submit reimbursements?

Post by davesudweeks »

I don't believe advisors have rights to submit expenses. She will probably need to forward her receipts to a member of the presidency or the ward clerk to submit it for her.
jmarne

Post by jmarne »

Is there some documentation somewhere that outlines which callings should be able to see the payment request option in the Tools app?

I have a ward executive secretary that cannot see the payment request option in his tools app and have to process his reimbursements via alternative methods (i.e. emailed receipts). I thought the option was available to all presidencies and secretaries but it would be nice to see documentation around which callings can actually see the option.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

According to the Access Table (in the "Other" tab on LCR), the Ward Executive Secretary does not have access to submit his own expenses.

I don't know of a specific "list" but in the Access Table will let you select various ward and stake callings to quickly see which callings can submit "Payment Requests" and which cannot.
jmarne

Post by jmarne »

Are there plans to include the list of who should be able to see the payment request option? It'd be nice if they could see on the payment instructions page, for example, who should be able to use those instructions. https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/hel ... s?lang=eng
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

jmarne wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:41 am Are there plans to include the list of who should be able to see the payment request option?
No one on this user-to-user mutual help forum ever knows what the plans are. I suspect the few church employees who drop in from time to time either don't know are are not at liberty to say. Suffice it to say, if someone doesn't see the option to submit payment requests, that may not change anytime soon and they should route their receipts through their organization presidency or the clerk (rather than wait).

I recommend you post feedback - that is the official way to get requests to those who direct the programmer's priorities. You may not get a personal response, but it has been reported that all feedback is read and passed on to the appropriate church council for consideration along with the other priorities they are considering.
jmarne

Post by jmarne »

Thanks for that response and thanks for the hint about the access table. It was helpful. However, I have one follow-up question/confusion. Evidently, according to the access table the ward finance clerk (which I am), shouldn't be able to use / see the payment request feature but I just opened my tools app and I see the finance > + New Payment Request option in the Tools app. Seems like the access table isn't 100% accurate, at least as far as the payment request feature is concerned. Maybe I'll open an official ticket and ask them what's the official stance on access to the new payment request option.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Probably because you have rights to enter expenses directly (for anyone, including yourself). The clerk doesn't have the "Payment Request" option in the access table either. As elders quorum president, I can submit payment requests but my payment request does nothing unless the acted upon by someone with rights to approve expenses.

However, I'm just guessing on the above. I have no special knowledge. Someone else on the forum with more information may chime in.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

The Access Table shows the entire Bishopric (including clerks) as not having access to Payment Requests. However, that seems to be true and not true. It is true that a Bishop cannot enter expenses from the "Unit Leader/Clerk" screen of the Budget page in LCR. However, if the Bishop switches the drop-down to another selection such as "Elder's Quorum", the "Payment Request" tab appears, and a payment request can be submitted by him for that org. I believe there's other threads on the forum that cover this in a bit more detail, bottom line is that there's a bit more complexity to what is and isn't available, than what the Access Table can always relate.

And I don't know if there's any differences between the access available via LCR and the Tools app, my comment above was specific to the LCR interface. And I also don't know if everyone in the Bishopric/clerks callings has the same ability to switch to another organization and enter a payment request (I'd guess Bishop, counselors, ward clerk, and finance can do that. But just a guess).

Return to “Local Unit Finance”