Trying to change banks for donations

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
wiffpace

Trying to change banks for donations

Post by wiffpace »

I changed from Zions BankTo US Bank and I cannot get the routing number in my account. It keeps coming back and saying insufficient funds
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Trying to change banks for donations

Post by russellhltn »

That's a strange error message for a routing number. I'd check with US Bank to make sure you're using the right number.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

In Utah, the routing number for US Bank should be 124302150. Is that what you're using?
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I assume the routing number is based on what state the account is in.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

russellhltn wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:17 pm I assume the routing number is based on what state the account is in.
Yep, for the most part. From their website: "Your routing number identifies the location where your account was opened." [Emphasis mine.]

https://www.usbank.com/bank-accounts/checking-accounts/checking-customer-resources/aba-routing-number.html
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

This thread is exactly duplicated on:

viewtopic.php?p=227579#p227579

Can one of you moderators or administrators delete the duplicate thread?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

garystroble wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:17 pm This thread is exactly duplicated on:

viewtopic.php?p=227579#p227579

Can one of you moderators or administrators delete the duplicate thread?
It's the same thread.

This thread started in the "Church Account" section. I moved it to "Online Donations", but left behind a shortcut so OP could find their thread.

I think the shortcut (icon with an arrow pointing to the top/left) is the source of the confusion.

garystroble

Post by garystroble »

It was showing twice, so thought that was a violation of the Code of Conduct. Sorry if I misunderstood the rules.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

garystroble wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:32 pm It was showing twice, so thought that was a violation of the Code of Conduct. Sorry if I misunderstood the rules.
It's a feature, not a bug. ;)

There's only one thread, but two entry points due moving it to a more appropriate section. If you click on the topic in the Church Account section, you'll find yourself in the Online Donations section.

OP did not post twice. If they did, there would be two separate threads with possibly an identical root. That's what we want to avoid.

garystroble

Post by garystroble »

Thanks, hope you can understand how it could look like a duplicate thread. Perhaps a note about posting it elsewhere in the more appropriate section would be helpful in the future; just a suggestion.

Return to “Online Donations”