Baptism Blank Form Info Missing

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
typhon

Baptism Blank Form Info Missing

Post by typhon »

on the blank baptism form that is printed out and filled in by hand, there is a field for the person performing the baptism and another for the person performing the confirmation. when i try to enter these names, i am asked for their birth dates, or membership record number, as well. however, there is no field on the form for that info. without it, i cannot enter the names of those that performed the ordinances.

if this info is going to be "required", could we get it added to the form?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Baptism Blank Form Info Missing

Post by jdlessley »

The form itself does not require the birth date or the MRN. The name and either the birth date or the MRN is needed for the system to find the membership record and for the system to enter the member's name as it appears on their membership record and their priesthood offfice. The system does not allow manually entering names on the form anymore. If those performing the baptism are members in your unit you can get the MRN or birth date from the member record. For others outside your unit you will need to get either their birth date or MRN from them so you can enter that information into the system.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Baptism Blank Form Info Missing

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:21 pm The form itself does not require the birth date or the MRN. ... The system does not allow manually entering names on the form anymore.
That's OP's point. He's getting handed a completed form that doesn't have what he needs to record the baptism. All because the form doesn't ask for that information.

I think the best way to get that request in front of the decision-makers is to use feedback in LCR. The forum is primarily user-to-user advice so the best we can do is sympathize with him.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Reports and Forms”