Updating member TOOLS information

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
bigwave

Updating member TOOLS information

Post by bigwave »

I have not been getting e-mails from Bishopric or Stake with reference to my calling my calling in EQ Presidency. In checking 'TOOLS', I discovered my e-mail address had been locked. I have no idea why and I can't locate anyone to assist me in correcting the problem. Anyone out there to direct me to a source for help?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Updating member TOOLS information

Post by russellhltn »

The lock means it's been set to "private". However, leaders can still see the email. I'm not sure as that's the problem.

If you go into Tools, select yourself, and go into edit (pencil icon), at the top there should be a "Privacy" tab. You can change your privacy options there. Note that you can't have a setting that's less restrictive than for your household, so you may have to change it there first.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Another thing to check: the send a message tool only sends to the individual email address on your account. If your individual email address is blank, that will explain why you are not getting those emails. You can have the same email address in both places if you choose. You can update your household and individual phone and email addresses yourself by using the pencil icon on Member Tools. If you add an individual email address, you will need to sync your data and then give it up to a day or so (I think) for the change to flow through the church systems.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I've often wondered about some members I've seen with their info locked. Sometimes it makes sense based on something I know, but I've seen a few cases where I've been surprised that "those members" have locked data (an EQ Counselor, YW President, etc). Perhaps it would be prudent to respectfully have the clerk or Bishop privately verify with the member that they desire this account status. They may not know, or they may have wanted it a while back but not require that currently. Or they may indeed desire that, which is completely fine. Just thinking out loud to myself, not really an actionable comment...

Return to “General Discussions”