Donation Address Incorrect

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jaminroth

Donation Address Incorrect

Post by jaminroth »

How do you change the address under Donations -> Settings? I've tried to change my own address and it doesn't seem to update.

I have a member that says that his donation address is different then his record's address. It's not the mailing or residential address.

Is there a way to update the member's address for the donation -> settings area? On that page it says "To make any changes to your name, address or assigned Stake/Ward, please contact your Ward clerk." As the Ward Clerk I'm not sure how to correct this.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Donation Address Incorrect

Post by lajackson »

jaminroth wrote:I have a member that says that his donation address is different then his record's address. It's not the mailing or residential address.
Donations uses the address on the membership record. If his membership record shows his correct address, his donations should, as well. There is no provision for a different "donation address".

If the addresses do not match for some reason, that would be a glitch and a call to the Global Service Center would be in order.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Although I think the systems now try to keep them in sync, I believe there are actually two addresses. One on the membership record and one on the donor record. It used to be that there was no connection between the two records and they were pretty much separate in MLS. But then they added the membership number to the donor record and started to maintain a link between them. I think that part of that is to automatically update the donor record when the membership record changes. So probably that update process failed at some point for this record.

But as lajackson said, you'll have to contact the Global Service Center to fix it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jaminroth wrote:How do you change the address under Donations -> Settings?
Are you talking about MLS or on-line?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
glena374@gmail.com

Post by glena374@gmail.com »

How do I add lds donations to my bank bill pay?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

glena374@gmail.com wrote:How do I add lds donations to my bank bill pay?
If you wish to use your bank bill pay system and not the LDS Donations website, you will need to email the Church for specific instructions on how to set up each payment account (one for tithing, one for fast offering, etc.). You then need to go to your bank bill pay system to set up a specific payee for each type of donation you wish to make. You cannot donate to the ward missionary fund using that system.

The address is onlinedonationsupport@ldschurch.org
preston.baxter

Post by preston.baxter »

I know this is an old thread, but I just noticed this issue on my own record. I generated a donation report on myself and it printed with an old address that does not match the information that appears in other LCR reports or directories. I'm a Bishopric member and can access my information on LCR online, but don't see where that old address is stored. I can have the Ward Clerk escalate through the "Global Service Center" if needed, unless someone here knows another way to access that donation-specific address information.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

preston.baxter wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:19 pm I generated a donation report on myself and it printed with an old address that does not match the information that appears in other LCR reports or directories.
It's been awhile, but MLS used to have two address fields - one regular and one "mailing". You might check that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
preston.baxter

Post by preston.baxter »

There are both RESIDENTIAL and MAILING addresses listed on my member profile in LCS. In my case, the MAILING address is set to "Same as residential". Looks like I'll be calling the GSC.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

preston.baxter wrote:I'm a Bishopric member and can access my information on LCR online, but don't see where that old address is stored.
Have you checked CDOL?

Return to “Membership Help”