LCR Primary Classes

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
deborahjcook

LCR Primary Classes

Post by deborahjcook »

Is there anyway to split a class and combine half of it with another class? I have a large CTR 5 class (15kids) and need to split it, which I know how to do. The problem is, I'd like to take one half of that split class and add my two CTR 4 kids to it, creating a combined CTR 4, CTR 5 class and a CTR 5 class. I've tried it everyway I can think of and nothing is working. I've split the 5s and tried combining part with the 4s, but it's not an option. I've put them all together and tried splitting it, not an option. I've tried adding the right kids to each class manually and renaming the class, but it won't let me do that either. I've wasted way to much time on this. Any ideas?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: LCR Primary Classes

Post by jdlessley »

It is not possible to do what you are trying to do. The only options are to split a class or to combine two or more whole classes.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

The flexibility and adaptability afforded to local units (aka Bishops) is not always able to be fully replicated by the online systems. If your Bishop agrees with the need for that class structure, as long as you're willing to put up with the headache of the online system not matching the class format, I'd think this wouldn't be a problem.
shannielsen

Post by shannielsen »

There is a way to do it! I just did it, too.

You will need to select the little checkbox next to the names of the two kids you are wanting to move to another class. After both boxes are checked, you will see a "move to" box on the right side of the screen, then select which class you want them moved to. Those two kids will then show up in the new class with an asterisk next to their names. I hope this helps!
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

shannielsen wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:32 am There is a way to do it! I just did it, too.

You will need to select the little checkbox next to the names of the two kids you are wanting to move to another class. After both boxes are checked, you will see a "move to" box on the right side of the screen, then select which class you want them moved to. Those two kids will then show up in the new class with an asterisk next to their names. I hope this helps!
Be aware that once you do this, they will not automatically move to a new class next year. You will need to manually move them into the correct class in 2023.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

shannielsen wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:32 am There is a way to do it! I just did it, too.

This isn't the same as splitting a class and combining one of the split classes to another class (which is what the OP requested), but it accomplishes the same purpose. The children you move to the other class will have an asterisk next to their name showing they are not in their "default" class, but it won't hurt anything and they will show up on the proper class rolls.

Keep in mind that this will likely break the "automatic" class progression run by the computer systems at the end of this year (they will stay in the class they were moved to this year on next year's rolls). You will have to manually move the children again next year or reset their assignment to "default" or "standard" (I'm not sure what the actual term is). At one time (in the MLS days), resetting the manual assignments applied to the entire ward but I don't know if you can do it on a class by class basis now in LCR.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”