Is MLS needed for anything?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
spencerhall

Is MLS needed for anything?

Post by spencerhall »

Is MLS needed for anything anymore? I'm a new clerk and everything I have done so far is in LCR, including tithing, updating membership records, etc. Are there any functions that MLS has that LCR does not?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Is MLS needed for anything?

Post by lajackson »

spencerhall wrote: Are there any functions that MLS has that LCR does not?
They are so few and obscure that I no longer recall them. Some wards in our stake have not used MLS in months.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The only thing that comes to my mind is that MLS has custom reports, and may be more permissive in allowing others to use it. While LCR does have custom reporting ability, I'm not sure if it's as flexible, and it doesn't appear to be as available to other callings.

One advantage of MLS is you can process a donation batch when the internet is down.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Until they make Custom Report accessible to more clerks, I still need MLS for that.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

We just used MLS to record donations because the Internet was down. When the Internet is available again we can do a send/receive to compete the batch processing. That cannot be done in LCR.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”