Blessed in another ward. Member record not created.

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
typhon

Blessed in another ward. Member record not created.

Post by typhon »

a new family just moved into our ward. they have an infant. 0 yrs of age. born and blessed in another ward. no member record found. i created one in my ward. they are requesting a blessing certificate. if i try to print one, it states the name of the current ward and not the one where the child was born and blessed.

what should i or they, do?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Blessed in another ward. Member record not created.

Post by russellhltn »

Personally, I'd refer them back to their prior ward. It sounds like you don't have any record of the blessing, so it seems questionable for you to do it.

Even if you did, it would have a different ward and bishop than where the child was blessed. That might or might not make a difference to them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
typhon

Re: Blessed in another ward. Member record not created.

Post by typhon »

thanks for the help. that's what i was thinking. just wanted a little moral support. :D

Return to “Membership Help”