Message rejected by server

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
nspence22

Message rejected by server

Post by nspence22 »

As EQ President I typically will utilize LCR "send a message" to communicate with members in the ward. Over the last couple months, there have been a couple emails that it states "the recipients below were rejected by the server." I have verified that the emails are good, and can forward the emails to those addresses after the fact. The issue I'm seeing is that the list is starting to get longer and longer. Not sure why this is happening or what can be done, since I know they are valid emails that previously received emails and now running into issues. Any insight? Thanks in advance!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Message rejected by server

Post by sbradshaw »

Do the rejected email addresses follow a certain pattern, for example being from the same email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, BYU.net, etc.)?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Are they consistently the same addresses or does it appear random?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
silus99

Post by silus99 »

We also have seen this rise again. I know last time it was a few providers, this does not seem as clear.

We emailed all stake members and had about 75 rejected by the server. The predominant domains were Yahoo (80%) but also many custom domains. Those others may be actual email addresses that are not active.
gertschj

Post by gertschj »

About a month ago to the day, my wife and I stopped receiving messages sent by LCR from local leaders and the Church in general. Someone forwarded an email that I had not received. The error message was: "The recipients below were rejected by the server. Please verify their email addresses." My wife and my addresses were listed. Which server are they referring to? The Church's or my email provider? I am assuming the latter.

No church account or email account changes have been made recently. My wife and I both use the same provider as does my son (he lives in a different state). My son continues to get get church emails. I just tested sending an email to myself thru LCR and I got neither a confirmation that it was send nor the email itself. I called my ISP (AT&T) and they say they do not block anything. I checked my email account and there does not appear to be anything that would be blocking or filtering the emails. I get emails from FamilySearch just fine. I should note that this issue is particularly problematic because I am an EQP and my wife has a stake calling.
calebkg

Post by calebkg »

I have the same issue described above. I have not recieved emails sent through LCR for the past month. The list of rejected emails is has grown to 10. Many of them are gmail domains.
gertschj

Post by gertschj »

My email provider responded to my inquiry about this issue:

Thank you for your message. I can't find any delivery attempt for the two addresses here from the address noreply@churchofjesuschrist.org for you. Please check with the sender here to make sure the messages are actually leaving their server. In general, I can also find successful deliveries from the address for other customers.

So it appears that for some reason the Church is not even sending the emails. But other customers of my email provider are having emails sent *and* received. How do I address this with someone at the Church?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

gertschj wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:53 am How do I address this with someone at the Church?
The official way to report bugs is to use the feedback link at the bottom of most church pages. We can discuss options here, but this is primarily user-to-user help and most of us are just regular members like yourself and we don't have access to look into your specific situation. You may not get an individualized response, but we're told that all feedback is read and forwarded to the appropriate departments for investigation.

I don't use the Send A Message tool very often, but I have seen several Gmail refusals recently that are new. I have verified that one of them is a good email address so don't at this time know why it is not being delivered.
gertschj

Post by gertschj »

davesudweeks wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:17 am
gertschj wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:53 am How do I address this with someone at the Church?
The official way to report bugs is to use the feedback link at the bottom of most church pages. We can discuss options here, but this is primarily user-to-user help and most of us are just regular members like yourself and we don't have access to look into your specific situation. You may not get an individualized response, but we're told that all feedback is read and forwarded to the appropriate departments for investigation.

I don't use the Send A Message tool very often, but I have seen several Gmail refusals recently that are new. I have verified that one of them is a good email address so don't at this time know why it is not being delivered.
Thank you, I have submitted a feedback message. Also, I should note that I just received a general Church email today about temples so clearly the email address works, just not with LCR messaging.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”