My Account Info

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
Danny_Joe

My Account Info

Post by Danny_Joe »

Up to recently I have had no cell phone, just a VOIP "land-line" . I had put my home phone number in the spot for "phone". Now I can't remove that number or change it. When I try, the "lame" algorithm just sends me a "text" code which I can't receive (surprise!).

The fact that I can't change the number is annoying.

But the fact that this digital code "trap" has not been recognized and corrected over the past 10 years is even MORE annoying.

And the fact that there is no direct and easy way for me to seek a remedy is worse than that.

This is a computer problem.
This is a code problem.
This is a customer service problem.
This is a M i n i s t e r i n g problem.

Someone, some group, some hierarchy with important responsibilities have dropped the ball.

Fix This !!!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: My Account Info

Post by russellhltn »

Security is annoying, isn't it?

Talk to your ward clerk/ward membership clerk. They can update it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

I moved the topic/thread to Church Account, because that appears to be more relevant.

Just my opinion, but I think there's a reason you cannot easily change the phone number the Church Account system uses to authenticate you. Let's say it was easy to change the phone number on your account, especially if you are trying to change the number _before_ you finish authenticating. Let's say someone wanted to see your donation history. If it were easy to change the phone number on the account, said someone could impersonate you, take over your account, download your donation history, request a copy of your patriarchal blessing, and probably do several other things you would not likely appreciate.

There is a sticky 'Please Read First' announcement thread at the top of the Church Account forum. It has several suggestions to help you recover access to your account. If nothing else there helps, please contact your ward clerk. He should be able to connect you with the Global Services Department.
cstaber
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by cstaber »

Danny_Joe wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:33 pm Now I can't remove that number or change it.
You should be able to visit the page below in Church Account and delete all of the text/numbers out of the Mobile Phone input box and hit Save. This will remove that number from your account.
https://account.churchofjesuschrist.org/mobilePhone

Thank you for your feedback!
I've created a task to add a Delete button for both the Email and SMS pages that will also remove it in addition to the steps mentioned above.

Return to “Church Account”