LCR is down more than it's up

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
MurdockM

Re: LCR is down more than it's up

Post by MurdockM »

Did batch manually today and deposited checks today. Will enter my notes on names, amounts, check numbers later this week from home then file my notes with the weekly deposit info.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I think that's an important clarification, that even if LCR happened to be down for an entire month, every week we can still make the deposits like normal. And then eventually enter everything into LCR.

I believe some of the stress can be avoided, if once you discover LCR is down any given Sunday, you just immediately do the manual deposit preparation and leave the rest for later. Obviously it's a duplication of effort, but it's what we did today, and the donation processing was quick.
MurdockM

Post by MurdockM »

------------
#9 Post by radradryan » Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:16 pm
Just getting the rotating flower of hypnosis on the screen.
----------
I prefer to think in Pioneer terms and call it "The Spinning Wagon Wheel of Doom".
MurdockM

Post by MurdockM »

I thought I posted the following, yet can't find my post. Moderators are welcome to delete this if you ever find my original post.

--- >> What about manually written emergency checks while LCR is down. To prevent an evection for example.
From MLS days I was told that if MLS did not transmit to make the bank aware of the check, it may not clear.

How do I as a Financial Clerk deal properly with this situation?

(With LCR down a lot its possible I may not be able to enter the expense information before the check cleared.)

Found a partial answer to my question at, https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/he ... ?lang=eng (Handwritten Checks in Emergencies)
Last edited by MurdockM on Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

murdock20m wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:00 pm What about manually written emergency checks while LCR is down.
Follow the procedures in the Help Center article Handwritten Checks in Emergencies.
Edit: [The article is the same murdock20m linked to.]
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
waltbristow

Post by waltbristow »

I'm sure that manual processing is better than no processing. However, it is worth noting that we seem to be having trouble finding instructions for manual processing anywhere on Church websites.

Is this a matter of the Church (like too many businesses) just assuming that the internet will always be available and that websites will always work as intended?

Does anyone have a link to anything that gives instructions about manual processing? Or anything that even mentions it is still an accepted process?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

waltbristow wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:56 pm Does anyone have a link to anything that gives instructions about manual processing? Or anything that even mentions it is still an accepted process?
If the instructions in the official help center is insufficient then you can wait until Monday and call the GSD for instructions.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
waltbristow

Post by waltbristow »

jdlessley wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:05 pm
waltbristow wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:56 pm Does anyone have a link to anything that gives instructions about manual processing? Or anything that even mentions it is still an accepted process?
If the instructions in the official help center is insufficient then you can wait until Monday and call the GSD for instructions.
I don't see any instructions anywhere in the Help Center pages. While the instructions on emergency checks might be extrapolated to deposits, I would like to see some detailed instructions. Without those instructions, I'm sure that unit clerks will come up with a variety of procedures to follow. As an Assistant Area Auditor, I would really like to have everyone on the same page.
MurdockM

Post by MurdockM »

See:

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/hel ... e?lang=eng

"Donations During System Outage"
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

waltbristow wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:10 pm I don't see any instructions anywhere in the Help Center pages.
They are well hidden.

[Rant about changes in the structure of the Help Center deleted.]
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”