New Forum Moderators

The latest forum news and information
WelchTC

New Forum Moderators

Post by WelchTC »

I am please to announce that we have promoted the following users to help with moderation on the forums.

JasonG
bhofmann
Tomj
ceburgoyne

As moderators, they are here to help you with questions about the forums and to help ensure that we all follow the LDS Technology Community Guidelines. While the moderators are not employees of the Church and do not speak officially for the Church, we appreciate their willingness to serve in this capacity. To see a complete list of moderators, please visit this link.

As a reminder, we are always looking for those who would like to help moderate forums. If you are interested, check out this announcement.

Tom
happy1z

url links

Post by happy1z »

Tom -

Congrats to the new moderators.
FYI. I tried the links below in your message and they just take you to the tech.lds.org home page. when I took the "beta." out of the front of the links then they worked. Perhaps you have DNS entries internally that allow those links to work but they don't work properly for me externally.

Example:
http://beta.tech.lds.org/forum/showgroups.php - Does not work for me
http://tech.lds.org/forum/showgroups.php - Does work

tomw wrote:
As moderators, they are here to help you with questions about the forums and to help ensure that we all follow the LDS Technology Community Guidelines. While the moderators are not employees of the Church and do not speak officially for the Church, we appreciate their willingness to serve in this capacity. To see a complete list of moderators, please visit this link.

As a reminder, we are always looking for those who would like to help moderate forums. If you are interested, check out this announcement.

Tom
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

happy-one wrote:FYI. I tried the links below in your message and they just take you to the tech.lds.org home page. when I took the "beta." out of the front of the links then they worked.

Thanks for the heads-up. I fixed the links in Tom's post.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

happy-one wrote:when I took the "beta." out of the front of the links then they worked. Perhaps you have DNS entries internally that allow those links to work but they don't work properly for me externally.
Oops. That was from back when we were "beta". We'll have to see if there are any more links like that.

Ugh. Yeah, just a 157 more posts .....
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

Yes, sorry about that. We used to have beta.tech.lds.org redirecting but someone must have taken off that redirect without informing me.

Tom
happy1z

Post by happy1z »

No worries. It was just more of an FYI so others did not have the same issue. BTW, the DNS redirects are working; however, they just redirect to the tech.lds.org home page.

Return to “Announcements & Policies”