Ward Missionary Report under the Income and Expense Summary

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
TKhanson

Ward Missionary Report under the Income and Expense Summary

Post by TKhanson »

Folks:

When I go into the Income and Expense report, as Bishop, I see the following--if I expand the twisty for Ward Missionary:

How do I get the $0.00 balances--that are clearly final--removed form this report? Some of those missionaries served 8 years ago. I actually have 20 other lines in this report; this is just a sampling of all of the listed missionaries.
Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 3.23.48 PM.png
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Ward Missionary Report under the Income and Expense Summary

Post by jdlessley »

Call the Global Services Department (GSD) for assistance. They can look at it and tell you what you may have missed or submit a ticket if it is beyond something you need to do. The GSD numbers are found in the Wiki article Contacting Meetinghouse Support. Note there is a retention period from the date of the last financial transaction that zeroed the account, but I don't recall what it is. It definitely is only a few months and not years.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

My understanding is they they should disappear automatically after some set time at a zero balance.

I don't know that report, but I suspect they weren't zeroed out until this year. In that case, they just might disappear on 1 Jan.

It also depend on the report used. If the report shows "inactive" accounts, they won't disappear until the financial retention period from the last transaction has expired. In the US, I think that's 3 years + plus current. So, for most wards, anything in 2020 will disappears come 1 Jan leaving 2021, 2022, and 2023 in history.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

You can find out when the last transaction that zeroed the account was made by clicking on the missionary's name. We have a missionary that was released in December 2019 that is still not off that report because someone made a donation to his account before it was removed from the online donation list. We then had to transfer the donation to the Ward Missionary parent category. That was done in April 2023. So the last transaction was 8 months ago. I expect his name to come off the list in April or May 2024.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Reports and Forms”