Temple Entry System

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

With regard to the question on timing, if the stake clerk activates a recommend in MLS and completes a successful Send/Receive, the recommend is usually active in the TES system within the hour. As an example, when I activate a recommend at the stake center, it is already active in TES by the time I arrive home from stake presidency meeting (one hour drive each way).

I believe the temple updates the recommend list each morning before they open, but I have not had a chance to visit with our temple recorder and ask the question. Next trip.
ffrsqpilot

Post by ffrsqpilot »

The reason I asked the question of the MLS guru's in the first place was I had just returned from a trip to Orem and found an email from one of the stake counselors that there were three recommends that needed to be put into the system asap. (I returned home late Thursday evening and the members wanted to go to the temple Friday). I was pretty much under the weather from a virus that had been going around and didn't really want to go out into the cold until later Friday morning. Since I wasn't sure what session the members were planning on attending (here in western Colorado we either go to Vernal, Monticello, or Denver normally), I was concerned that my delay in entering the recommends was going to cause problems. Thus I called Salt Lake just out of curiosity to see how long it did take once a recommend was entered via MLS. I figured if I got the recommends in by 10 or so the members would be able to enter without any problems.

Okay, so to answer the time question - the information I got from the MLS guru's at Salt Lake was that when a recommend is entered via MLS it can take up to a couple of hours or in unique circumstances (and I have no idea what that means) it could take up to a day. So the information I gave in a previous post in this thread was echoing what I heard from Salt Lake. If entering a recommend via MLS is essentially as quick as doing it via tes then all is good. I was just worried that because I wanted to wait until I felt a little better that I was going to cause some members difficulty in getting into a session.

End of story - sorry for rambling!
bhm014

Set up an account within tes

Post by bhm014 »

Hi,
I'm the stake executive secretary in one of the stakes in tahiti, French Polynesia. We have just received the new temple recommends with the code bar and my stake president and I have tried to register him online to activate the recommends with tes. After the registration process, an email was sent to his hotmail account so he could activate his account. In the email it says that he has to click on the secured link to activate it. However, there wasn't a link at all. He resend the confirmation at least 3 times but the same problem occured. Does anyone know what to do? We want to activate temple recommends online when we are away from the stake center. Our stake boundaries is about 50 miles long and that's why we wanted to do that.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You might want to try sending the email to another address in a different domain. It's possible something in hotmail is interfering with the link.

Personally, I like gmail. I find that many times it fixes links that get broken because the text gets wrapped to a new line.

But first you might want to check any features in hotmail to see if it's stripping out the link or perhaps it's broken because of the line wrap and you just need to use notepad and paste it together.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mamadsen

Post by mamadsen »

opee wrote:My understanding is that it is actually the Stake Clerk's responsibility to make sure that these items are up to date. The beta CDOLallows the Clerk to print off a "current" stake calling form, crossing out the items and making changes. It can then be faxed in.
Of course, it goes without saying that the faxed form needs to have the signature of the Stake President.
mamadsen

TES Reactivate Question

Post by mamadsen »

I have a question about re-activating a recommend as I am hearing and seeing two different responses.

Situation: A member misplaces their temple recommend and notifies the Bishop, who notifies a member of the Stake Presidency or Stake Clerk. Soon after, the member finds the misplaced recommend. How should this be handled?

A call to CHQ and the support staff say that once the recommend has been reported lost/stolen, it cannot be reactivated and the member needs a new recommend.

However, if you login to TES, and search for the member, the online system will let you change the status of the lost recommend, back to Active, and allow you to update and save the change.

CHQ says that even if you can do that, it won't change the status for the Temples to read. So, what really happens?

Either way, I am okay with the policy. However, I would make a recommendation that, if in fact, you cannot reactivate a lost recommend, that the TES application be tweaked to mirror the policy. In other words, it the status of a recommend is lost/stolen, do not give the opportunity online or in MLS to "Edit" and then make and save the change.

Making this change will prevent someone from embarrassment, frustration and potentially missing an important event at the temple when they thought their recommend was active.

Does this make sense?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

MRK wrote:A call to CHQ and the support staff say that once the recommend has been reported lost/stolen, it cannot be reactivated and the member needs a new recommend.
The online help says you can change it from lost/stolen to active, so if this is true, the help screen also needs to be updated.

I was going to do this one time, but I think by the time the member found the recommend, it was nearly expired, so a new one was issued.

I do know that once you cancel a recommend, you cannot get it back into the system.
GaryBlackburn-p40

Post by GaryBlackburn-p40 »

Alan,

You quoted the tes instructions which said "Use the Stake/District Clerk or Executive Secretary Information for Directory form to add people to CDOL as needed. Use one form each for the stake clerk or executive secretary who is to have the right to use the Internet to activate recommends. Follow instructions on the form."

I've never heard of this form. Do you know where to get it?

Thanks,
Gary
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

GaryBlackburn wrote:"Use the Stake/District Clerk or Executive Secretary Information for Directory form to add people to CDOL as needed. Use one form each for the stake clerk or executive secretary who is to have the right to use the Internet to activate recommends. Follow instructions on the form."

I've never heard of this form. Do you know where to get it?
The stake president or stake clerk may have one in their files. Otherwise, the stake president or stake clerk can request the form from Church Organization Services.

The stake clerk is usually already at the CDOL and already has permission to activate recommends. If a stake executive secretary is added, he will also have permission to activate recommends.

The form allows the adding of assistant stake clerks to the CDOL. However, even if these assistant stake clerks are added to the CDOL, they will not be allowed to access TES. Only a member of the stake presidency or the stake clerk or executive secretary are allowed to access TES.
ferreirapameladiane

Re: Temple Entry System

Post by ferreirapameladiane »

My position as assistant temple coordinator over training requires me to log on to tis.ldschurch.org to
update sisters' training status each week, but I'm not able to log on. I'm not sure where to go for help with this. Perhaps someone can
assist me or direct me to another sight.
Thank you,
Pam Ferreira

[personal information removed]
Last edited by russellhltn on Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal contact information removed - this is a public forum.

Return to “Membership Help”