I am a branch president of Branch B and a member's record is in Branch A where he lives. He would like to attend Branch B and both branch presidents agree and the assumption is the district president will also agree. I am trying to help everyone prepare the proper paperwork to get the process started.
The handbook simply says in 33.6 that "Exceptions, which should be rare, require the consent of the bishops and stake presidents involved. To request an exception, the stake president uses LCR to submit the request to the Office of the First Presidency."
Is the location in LCR obvious for the district president? Is there a form there to complete which requires information either branch president could provide to help shoulder some of the burden? Finding very little information on this situation in the handbook, probably for good reason.
Just looking for a little assistance/direction so the situation does not languish unresolved for weeks or months.
Thanks
Moving member records to a unit they do not live in
-
beladdy
- New Member
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2026 4:51 pm
-
mdigi
- Member
- Posts: 51
- Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:39 am
Re: Moving member records to a unit they do not live in
Hello,
I don't have experience with your specific inquiry, but I suspect your District President will need to coordinate with your Mission President to submit the request for exception.
I don't have experience with your specific inquiry, but I suspect your District President will need to coordinate with your Mission President to submit the request for exception.