LDS Hymns in midi format
-
munaish
- Member
- Posts: 196
- Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:58 pm
Re: LDS Hymns in midi format
Does any old MIDI work, or are there special MIDIs designed for it?
-
stepha123456
- New Member
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2024 6:38 pm
Re: LDS Hymns in midi format
am currently seeking MIDI versions of the Hymns for Home and Family collection. My pipe organ is only compatible with MIDI files and does not support MP3 playback, so I am specifically looking for properly formatted MIDI arrangements of these hymns
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
ampman
- New Member
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:19 pm
Re: LDS Hymns in midi format
As a unit leader some years ago I went through this challange. I ended up having the physical facilities group install a midi reader on our standard Allen church organ. The was then getting midi files to play without too much operator intervention. For us it was a bit clunky and I could never get the volume below a rather loud output. However, midi programing is quite simple and anyone with some programming experience can open the files and modify them to your liking. The hymn files are available on the main website and can even be converted to other formats, again by someone with rudimentary computer knowledge. Hope this helps.....................Ampcoman
-
bretbird
- New Member
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:48 pm
Re: LDS Hymns in midi format
Aloha,
I found a couple sites for free
AAAAA***
http://openhymnal.org/
competely free zip download MIDI files, has some LDS hyms.
BBBBB***
https://www.kunstderfuge.com/hymns.htm
5 files a day free or subscibe and have unlimited MIDI files
CCCCC
https://musicmoz.org/Religious/Christia ... ay_Saints/
This site has a variety of hymns in MIDI yet many links are broken??
Hymns of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints - [hymnals; 200+ midi] (includes the Anderson files, with a few additions by Andrew Miller)
LDS Children's Songbook - [40+ midi; hymnals] sequenced by Doran Anderson
LDS Hymn Book; LDS Primary (Child's) Hymn Book - [hymnals; lyrics; 400+ midi: piano accompaniment] sequenced by Melanie Davis
LDS Hymnal - [hymnals; 300+ midi] sequenced by Doran Anderson
DDDD
https://www.smallchurchmusic.com/Song_D ... php?SID=13
EEEEE ***
https://www.midifilesforworship.com/a-f
all free catholic MIDI files listed alphabetical search and download
*** I was able to download midi and use in my Clavinova CVP
Best of Luck and please anyone else have a better site for midi downloads until next year or two official release please add ...thanks. B.James
I found a couple sites for free
AAAAA***
http://openhymnal.org/
competely free zip download MIDI files, has some LDS hyms.
BBBBB***
https://www.kunstderfuge.com/hymns.htm
5 files a day free or subscibe and have unlimited MIDI files
CCCCC
https://musicmoz.org/Religious/Christia ... ay_Saints/
This site has a variety of hymns in MIDI yet many links are broken??
Hymns of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints - [hymnals; 200+ midi] (includes the Anderson files, with a few additions by Andrew Miller)
LDS Children's Songbook - [40+ midi; hymnals] sequenced by Doran Anderson
LDS Hymn Book; LDS Primary (Child's) Hymn Book - [hymnals; lyrics; 400+ midi: piano accompaniment] sequenced by Melanie Davis
LDS Hymnal - [hymnals; 300+ midi] sequenced by Doran Anderson
DDDD
https://www.smallchurchmusic.com/Song_D ... php?SID=13
EEEEE ***
https://www.midifilesforworship.com/a-f
all free catholic MIDI files listed alphabetical search and download
*** I was able to download midi and use in my Clavinova CVP
Best of Luck and please anyone else have a better site for midi downloads until next year or two official release please add ...thanks. B.James
-
rmrichesjr
- Community Moderators
- Posts: 4815
- Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:32 am
- Location: Dundee, Oregon, USA
Re: LDS Hymns in midi format
When I took a brief look at the sites, ALL of the links at musicmoz.org appeared to be broken.bretbird wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2026 7:06 pm Aloha,
I found a couple sites for free
AAAAA***
http://openhymnal.org/
competely free zip download MIDI files, has some LDS hyms.
BBBBB***
https://www.kunstderfuge.com/hymns.htm
5 files a day free or subscibe and have unlimited MIDI files
CCCCC
https://musicmoz.org/Religious/Christia ... ay_Saints/
This site has a variety of hymns in MIDI yet many links are broken??
Hymns of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints - [hymnals; 200+ midi] (includes the Anderson files, with a few additions by Andrew Miller)
LDS Children's Songbook - [40+ midi; hymnals] sequenced by Doran Anderson
LDS Hymn Book; LDS Primary (Child's) Hymn Book - [hymnals; lyrics; 400+ midi: piano accompaniment] sequenced by Melanie Davis
LDS Hymnal - [hymnals; 300+ midi] sequenced by Doran Anderson
DDDD
https://www.smallchurchmusic.com/Song_D ... php?SID=13
EEEEE ***
https://www.midifilesforworship.com/a-f
all free catholic MIDI files listed alphabetical search and download
*** I was able to download midi and use in my Clavinova CVP
Best of Luck and please anyone else have a better site for midi downloads until next year or two official release please add ...thanks. B.James
-
sbradshaw
- Community Moderators
- Posts: 6761
- Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:42 pm
- Location: Utah
Re: LDS Hymns in midi format
If you go to a "Hymns for Home and Church" song on the Church music website – for example, Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing – you can right-click the page and choose "View Page Source." Then do a search on page for "MIDI." You should see something like this, which includes the MIDI URL:
Code: Select all
{
"assetType": "MIDI",
"distributionUrl": "https://assets.churchofjesuschrist.org/01/a6/01a6633debba11eeaa14eeeeac1eee8be57cb6ee/come_thou_fount_of_every_blessing.midi",
"title": "Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing",
"description": "MIDI file of “Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing” from Hymns—For Home and Church. English.",
"mimeType": "",
"duration": 0,
"publicAltText": "MIDI file of “Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing” from Hymns—For Home and Church. English.",
"performer": [],
"fileName": "come-thou-fount-of-every-blessing_eng.midi",
"pianoMarvelUrl": "",
"thumbnail": {
"description": "",
"distributionUrl": "",
"seoDescription": "",
"seoTitle": "",
"shareableTitle": "",
"title": "",
"renditions": []
}
}
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
-
ampman
- New Member
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:19 pm
Re: LDS Hymns in midi format
Thanks for responding
-
samanthacheney
- New Member
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2026 6:25 pm
Re: LDS Hymns in midi format
Hi! I saw your post about recovering the collection of 108 LDS Primary songs in MIDI format. Thank you for taking the time to preserve those files!
I’m hoping to use some of the Primary songs on my Yamaha Disklavier (DKC-800) and would love to get a copy of the 108 Primary MIDI files if you’re willing to share them.
In particular, I’m looking for “We’ll Bring the World His Truth” and several other Children’s Songbook songs.
If the collection is available somewhere for download, could you please point me to it? I’d really appreciate it!
Thank you!
I’m hoping to use some of the Primary songs on my Yamaha Disklavier (DKC-800) and would love to get a copy of the 108 Primary MIDI files if you’re willing to share them.
In particular, I’m looking for “We’ll Bring the World His Truth” and several other Children’s Songbook songs.
If the collection is available somewhere for download, could you please point me to it? I’d really appreciate it!
Thank you!
-
rmrichesjr
- Community Moderators
- Posts: 4815
- Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:32 am
- Location: Dundee, Oregon, USA
Re: LDS Hymns in midi format
Which post were you referring to? I don't see any post in this thread that mentions the number 108.samanthacheney wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2026 6:26 pm Hi! I saw your post about recovering the collection of 108 LDS Primary songs in MIDI format. Thank you for taking the time to preserve those files!
I’m hoping to use some of the Primary songs on my Yamaha Disklavier (DKC-800) and would love to get a copy of the 108 Primary MIDI files if you’re willing to share them.
In particular, I’m looking for “We’ll Bring the World His Truth” and several other Children’s Songbook songs.
If the collection is available somewhere for download, could you please point me to it? I’d really appreciate it!
Thank you!
In the post by sbradshaw from 02 Sep 2026, there are instructions for getting the URL to the MIDI file for arbitrary hymns. A quick check seems to show the same method works for titles in the Children's Songbook.