Calendaring Issues after Stake Boundary Changes

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 36825
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Calendaring Issues after Stake Boundary Changes

Post by russellhltn »

nancypalemany wrote:"For clarification, FMAT is not the program where the units are assigned to the Stakes."
That's right.
nancypalemany wrote:In FMAT, I can only assign wards to buildings and that is all I can do.
OK. (So she can make changes!)
nancypalemany wrote:All the units on the FM part are assigned to the correct buildings
Assuming that no wards moved as part of the change, that's likely correct. But have you exchanged information such that we know that's the case? Because so far I'm hearing her say "it's correct" but nothing about a mutual agreement on a list. As such, there may still be a misunderstanding. I'd like to stamp out that possibility.

I had keyed off of "We still have a building listed as ours that is no longer ours and other buildings that should be ours and are not." in your first post. I'm wondering if you have wards that do not belong?

If you have access to the "locations" menu in the calendar system (And the Stake Executive Secretary most certainly does), can you see that the correct units are assigned to the correct buildings? If there are any wrong assignments, are you able to correct them? Note that if the other stake is now the agent stake for that building, they'd have to delete you off of the building. You can't edit that building.

I'd also have your Stake Executive Secretary log into the CDOL and check to see if "ASSOCIATED ORGANIZATIONS" is correct. (This is where he can see what wards are associated with your stake.) He won't be able to change it, but at least we'll know where the problem is and isn't.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
NPAlemany
Member
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:07 am
Location: Sugar Land, TX

Re: Calendaring Issues after Stake Boundary Changes

Post by NPAlemany »

The answer to our question is Yes. The units that are in FMAT are the units that are assigned to our stake.
russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 36825
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Calendaring Issues after Stake Boundary Changes

Post by russellhltn »

nancypalemany wrote:The answer to our question is Yes. The units that are in FMAT are the units that are assigned to our stake.
What about the ward-to-building assignment? Is that correct?

If so, then everything in FMAT is correct?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
NPAlemany
Member
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:07 am
Location: Sugar Land, TX

Re: Calendaring Issues after Stake Boundary Changes

Post by NPAlemany »

Yes, according to this statement in a previous email from her "The only thing I can do in FMAT is assign wards to the buildings where they are assigned.

I am not for sure who assigns buildings to the stakes."
russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 36825
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Calendaring Issues after Stake Boundary Changes

Post by russellhltn »

I developer is asking that you contact him. He's having this problem with another unit as well and needs additional samples.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
NPAlemany
Member
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:07 am
Location: Sugar Land, TX

Re: Calendaring Issues after Stake Boundary Changes

Post by NPAlemany »

Sorry it has taken so long to reply. I was told HQ had made some changes in the system that were suppose to have an affect by the end of last week. I can see the evidence of changes but they were not the critical ones we needed to take place. I would be happy to work with a developer. Please send him in my direction. There is definitely a problem or several problems in the system.
russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 36825
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Calendaring Issues after Stake Boundary Changes

Post by russellhltn »

nancypalemany wrote:I would be happy to work with a developer. Please send him in my direction.
Check your PMs. You have notifications turned off so you probably haven't noticed it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dhunsaker6
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:43 pm

Re: Calendaring Issues after Stake Boundary Changes

Post by dhunsaker6 »

We just finished boundary realignments and we can now see the new building aligned with our stake as well as a building that should not be. The drop down menu for buildings available to schedule have also not been updated. Who do I report the issue to?
russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 36825
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Calendaring Issues after Stake Boundary Changes

Post by russellhltn »

dhunsaker6 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2026 12:52 pm We just finished boundary realignments and we can now see the new building aligned with our stake as well as a building that should not be. The drop down menu for buildings available to schedule have also not been updated. Who do I report the issue to?
I think the first step would be to go to maps.churchofjesuschrist.org and verify that the assignment of wards to the buildings are correct. I think both it and calendars pull from a database maintained by your local FM group. If it's call correct and been a few days, I'd contact Global Services Department.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”