Ask and ye shall receive... Tip for 10/11/09

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
birdld-p40
New Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:06 am

Ask and ye shall receive... Tip for 10/11/09

Post by birdld-p40 »

Here is this weeks tip. It will go out Friday afternoon. This tip was written because of a suggestion by Alan in this thread.

Please continue to provide any feedback or suggestions you have for future tips.
Attachments
Organizing a Household with a Nonmember Spouse- Oct 11 2009.pdf
(178.53 KiB) Downloaded 339 times
User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 15127
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Post by aebrown »

birdld wrote:Here is this weeks tip. It will go out Friday afternoon.
We did not receive this tip in our stake unit, but the wards in our stake did get it. The header said that it was sent to "Stake Clerks" but it did not arrive in our stake MLS messages.

Did any other stake units receive the tip?
lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 10309
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:27 pm
Location: US

Post by lajackson »

Alan_Brown wrote:We did not receive this tip in our stake unit, but the wards in our stake did get it.

Did any other stake units receive the tip?

We did not receive it, but we often receive messages about a week later than the wards when they are sent to both locations.
natet
Member
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:09 pm
Location: Richland, Washington, USA

Post by natet »

I don't recall seeing it in the ward messages either.
techgy
Community Moderators
Posts: 3183
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:48 pm
Location: California

Post by techgy »

I will be at our stake center this afternoon and will check to see if we received the message.

Edit: Nothing at our stake.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
psnarula
Member
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:11 pm
Location: Wiesbaden, Germany

Post by psnarula »

My ward never gets these messages. You have said previously that they only go to wards in the US and Canada. I am a ward clerk in a military ward stationed in Germany. I think military stakes and units should get these notices as well. Our meetings are held in English, our annual materials order comes from SLC (ie, not from the European distribution center that is 20 minutes from my house), our members predominately pay tithing in dollars, and we are for all intents and purposes a US-based unit. We just happen to live overseas.
birdld-p40
New Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:06 am

Post by birdld-p40 »

psnarula wrote:My ward never gets these messages. You have said previously that they only go to wards in the US and Canada. I am a ward clerk in a military ward stationed in Germany. I think military stakes and units should get these notices as well. Our meetings are held in English, our annual materials order comes from SLC (ie, not from the European distribution center that is 20 minutes from my house), our members predominately pay tithing in dollars, and we are for all intents and purposes a US-based unit. We just happen to live overseas.

Thank you for the feedback. I'll pass the information along and look into the possibilities.

Please continue to post feedback on if the tip was received at the stakes. I will also be following-up with this issue.
User avatar
jeromer7
Member
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 12:46 pm
Location: Bellevue, Nebraska

Not Received

Post by jeromer7 »

Checked my stake MLS around Noon today and the message was not there.
JLR
birdld-p40
New Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:06 am

Post by birdld-p40 »

JLRose wrote:Checked my stake MLS around Noon today and the message was not there.
The tip was sent again to all stakes in US and Canada. Please let us know if you are still not receiving the tip.
natet
Member
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:09 pm
Location: Richland, Washington, USA

Post by natet »

Just checked MLS. No tip this week.
Post Reply

Return to “Membership Help”