Anti-Virus Updates for computers w/ Internet access

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kcushing wrote:
jdlessley wrote:There are two ways to get the latest updates for SAV. The first is to access the MLS software sitewhich requires a username and password. The stake STS has this information. Alternatively you can get those updates directly from the Symantec update site. The file to download is the one in format yyyymmdd-008-x86.exe

Good, I guess that means the latest virus definitions are on a church web site where I can easily get to them, and I won't have to get them at home.
Um, not really. The post from jdlessley is a bit misleading. The MLS software site only contains a link to the SAV updates. They are still downloaded from symantec.com.
skiptaylor

Post by skiptaylor »

I've read this entire thread as it seems to apply to my questions.

It's disturbing there's been no news in a pretty long time at this point. Are there any updates on this issue?
Skip Taylor :eek:
Lancaster CA.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

avskip wrote:I've read this entire thread as it seems to apply to my questions.

It's disturbing there's been no news in a pretty long time at this point. Are there any updates on this issue?
The Church will be moving to Sophos for antivirus protection for ward and stake administrative computers in "the near future", according to this post from a Church employee. I'm sure it takes some time to prepare the deployment, but it is definitely on its way, and will work much better than SAV for automatic updates.
skiptaylor

Post by skiptaylor »

Thanks for your reply!
Skip Taylor :eek:
Lancaster CA.

Return to “Clerk Computers”