MLS 3.1.2 Login Problem

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
rsevilla-p40

MLS 3.1.2 Login Problem

Post by rsevilla-p40 »

Sunday December 13, 2009 - We received a new download and installed it. After restarting the computer we can't login MLS. The log shows that the program is doing a backup from the database and then closing the db. Any suggestions?
rsevilla-p40

MLS 3.1.2 Login Problem

Post by rsevilla-p40 »

Is anybody else having the same problem?
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

rsevilla wrote:Is anybody else having the same problem?
I was able to login fine after installing 3.1.2. The database modifications that happen after the first person logs in after the upgrade do take a little time, so you need to be patient.

If the problem persists, I suggest downloading the full installer at mls.lds.org and reinstalling. Hopefully you have a good backup just in case.
rsevilla-p40

MLS 3.2.1 Login Problem

Post by rsevilla-p40 »

We downloaded the full installer at mls.lds.org and reinstalled it. Same problem. We tried to go to a previous version 3.1.0 and didn't let us.

We have a good backup from last Wednesday evening.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

rsevilla wrote:We downloaded the full installer at mls.lds.org and reinstalled it. Same problem. We tried to go to a previous version 3.1.0 and didn't let us.

We have a good backup from last Wednesday evening.
What error message are you getting? Can you be more specific?
Do you see a list of accounts on the MLS login pull-down?
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Since installing MLS 3.1.2 from the full installer over the current installation does not solve the problem you can try to uninstall MLS completely then reinstall it. There may be a corruption in the database that is creating the problem. You will have to restore your most recent backup after a good install of MLS.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
terrysackett

Same Problem

Post by terrysackett »

The marquee of my copy of MLS says "3.1.1", but I am also having an issue with being able to log in. I enter my user name and password, then press "Enter", or click "Log in", (I tried both) and the program stops responding. Task Manager says the program is still running, however.
sosmener-p40

Dec 13 mls update.

Post by sosmener-p40 »

Looks like I wasnt the only one who had problems with mls that day. It took my whole afternoon trying to figure it out. Uninstall/reinstall mls, removing the ward unit account/number itself out of the mls, creating another user, tried everything under the sun, still wont work. Done back up files, restore from a back up. The saddest part, there are 2 units sharing the same pc, the other ward can log on with out a problem, doing their transactions. For my unit, it appears to have logged on successfully but it doesnt load the pictures when I tried to maximize the page. Then again the task manager is showing that mls is running. I can click on the menu bars but thats it. It wont go beyond that. Until now I still cant figure out. What I have done just to send my report and liquidation, I used the stake's mls, there I can log on with out any problem. Thanks to our stake clerk who always keep his mls up to date. Any thought what happened? Or I guess its just needs a complete OS reinstallation!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sosmener wrote:The saddest part, there are 2 units sharing the same pc, the other ward can log on with out a problem, doing their transactions. [...] Any thought what happened? Or I guess its just needs a complete OS reinstallation!
I'd contact your area office. Apparently there's something in your data that's triggering the problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”