Windows Mobile 6.5: Ward Tools or Scriptures?

chadke-p40

Post by chadke-p40 »

I've tried Yanceyware, and while it works, it doesn't really take advantage of the touch interface. You can touch scroll, for example, but only by dragging the vertical scroll bar rather than by touch scrolling the page. That's the kind of thing missing.

I think it would be a very good solution were it optimized for touch and the better looking screen.

Thanks though for the suggestion.
rugbykiwi-p40

Post by rugbykiwi-p40 »

Posting this incase you don't have a workaround.

I was wanting yanceware to work with scrolling and found someone had a workaround posted here, http://yanceyware.com/support/showpost. ... stcount=20

My scriptures in yanceware now scroll with windows mobile 6.5. I then checked wardtools and scrolling is working in that as well - bonus.
jtantley-p40

Post by jtantley-p40 »

mkmurray wrote:Have patience with this one and you will get what you are looking for. ;)
Three months later....
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

jtantley wrote:Three months later....
The project was just barely starting 2 and 1/2 months ago. The project is still being worked on. It is an official Church-sponsored project. The hope is to have a beta publicly available in the next month or two. The other mobile platforms a little more farther along.
jtantley-p40

Post by jtantley-p40 »

mkmurray wrote:The project was just barely starting 2 and 1/2 months ago. The project is still being worked on. It is an official Church-sponsored project. The hope is to have a beta publicly available in the next month or two. The other mobile platforms a little more farther along.
Wondering if there's any update on the status of this project.

Also, you mentioned other "mobile platforms" -- besides the iPhone, does that mean development for an Android application is further along than the Windows Mobile app?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jtantley wrote:Wondering if there's any update on the status of this project.

Also, you mentioned other "mobile platforms" -- besides the iPhone, does that mean development for an Android application is further along than the Windows Mobile app?
The mobile scriptures projects are all tracked on the wiki. See Mobile Scriptures for links to all the different platforms.
jtantley-p40

Post by jtantley-p40 »

Alan_Brown wrote:The mobile scriptures projects are all tracked on the wiki. See Mobile Scriptures for links to all the different platforms.
The link doesn't provide much detailed information on its progress.
stirmac

Now that the iphone app is released ...

Post by stirmac »

I'm hoping that the windows mobile version is not far behind. The "Mobile Scriptures" link doesn't provide any clues on status. Anyone here know?
shanewalters

Post by shanewalters »

The Windows Mobile application is far behind if comparing against the iPhone version. The core functionality and logic is in place, but the next milestone will be focused on aesthetics and user experience.
stirmac

Thanks for the feedback ...

Post by stirmac »

yfisaqt wrote:The Windows Mobile application is far behind if comparing against the iPhone version. The core functionality and logic is in place, but the next milestone will be focused on aesthetics and user experience.
I wish there was something I could do to help, but a programmer I'll never be. Any idea when/if any beta's will be available?

Return to “Mobile Applications”