Beta: Ward Leadership Directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

ryan jones wrote:Are you in the the leader application or in the directory application? Access to the leader application is locked down to Bishops, Ward Clerks and Stake Presidents.

The leader application has additional reports that you would fine in MLS as boomerbubba pointed out.
I'm in the directory as an Asst. Stake Clerk (STS), so I have access to the reports and have editing capability.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Techgy wrote:I'm in the directory as an Asst. Stake Clerk (STS), so I have access to the reports and have editing capability.
Interesting. We're listed the same in the CDOL (I checked), but all I get is "Bad Request" when I try to log on.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Techgy wrote:I'm in the directory as an Asst. Stake Clerk (STS), so I have access to the reports and have editing capability.
Are you trying to access the leader application? As far as I know only the Stake Clerk has access to it, not the Asst. clerks. This is a different application than the ward directory.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:Interesting. We're listed the same in the CDOL (I checked), but all I get is "Bad Request" when I try to log on.
I'm both "Stake Assistant Clerk--Technology Spc" and ""Stake Assistant Clerk--Finance", and I also get "Bad Request" when I log on to the Leader application. I'd really like to have access, both to help me in my callings, and to be able to support those who do have access.

If we are being denied access because of lack of permission, it would be a bit more helpful to indicate that, rather than the vague "Bad Request" message.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

I must not be making myself clear here.
When I login to the web site of http://beta.lds.org and click on the "Directory" link, I'm offered a choice of viewing several different lists. Among them are ward leadership lists, ward membership list, stake leadership as well as links to each ward in the stake and their leadership and membership lists.

What I'm referring to is an apparent lack of printing ability for the many lists that are available to me. The only link I see for printing is a link that provides me a printed list of my home ward membership roster.

Although I would agree with Alan that access as the STS to the "leadership" area of the site would be helpful, that area is not what I'm referring to here. My issue isn't one of access. I am referring to the ability to get "printer friendly" reports.

I've attached a snapshot showing the "Print" link on the directory page. This is the only "print" command that I've found. Perhaps this feature hasn't yet been added - and I can certainly understand that - If that's the case and it's in the works, then great.

Edit: Response from Feedback System:
more print options coming soon (leadership directories, other wards, stake, photos)
Attachments
beta.jpg
beta.jpg (11.52 KiB) Viewed 1590 times
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Techgy wrote:I must not be making myself clear here.
When I login to the web site of http://beta.lds.org and click on the "Directory" link, I'm offered a choice of viewing several different lists. Among them are ward leadership lists, ward membership list, stake leadership as well as links to each ward in the stake and their leadership and membership lists.

What I'm referring to is an apparent lack of printing ability for the many lists that are available to me. The only link I see for printing is a link that provides me a printed list of my home ward membership roster.
I just tried and found the same thing, and that is the print link only brings up my own ward membership list, even in the stake leaders directory....
I just have to keep remembering that it IS still in beta.....
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

well this is all awesome - congrats to the team! Can't wait for a full roll-out.

Incidentally, on the Bishops Action list - it is showing everything correctly, except that there is a Valiant due to turn 12 soon, and requires his aaronic priesthood ordination. That information IS available on the printed action list from MLS - but he doesn't appear on this report?! Also, when I try and access the full report - it is still bringing up an error…
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

To answer Techgy's question about printing different lists in the Directory application (the Leader application is completely separate), currently printing is only enabled on the ward list for your home ward.

This is a really limiting solution, but we've run into some problems with the printing paradigm we started with. We are working on redesigning how printing works, at which point, you should be able to print any and all of the lists that are available to view, from the Stake Leadership Directory, to any Ward in your Stake, to a photo directory of any ward, and on and on.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

jdcr256 wrote:To answer Techgy's question about printing different lists in the Directory application (the Leader application is completely separate), currently printing is only enabled on the ward list for your home ward.

This is a really limiting solution, but we've run into some problems with the printing paradigm we started with. We are working on redesigning how printing works, at which point, you should be able to print any and all of the lists that are available to view, from the Stake Leadership Directory, to any Ward in your Stake, to a photo directory of any ward, and on and on.
Thanks for the clarification. I figured that the bugs were still being worked out. Keep up the good work.
beanda

Singles Stake (non)Standard Callings

Post by beanda »

Currently serving in a singles stake. We have many, many callings unique to singles (committee chair and co-chair for FHE, Munch&Mingle, Publicity, Ward Prayer, Fellowshipping, and on and on). Most of these callings fall well outside the 'standardized callings' lists, yet are critical to the functioning of the wards and stake. Many such callings could be encapsulated into the standardized list IF that list allowed addenda or extensions (e.g., Relief Society Committee Member (Co-chair Activities)), but as it currently stands, MOST of our ward and stake callings will not display correctly online where the standardized lists are mandated.

I am requesting an option to extend the standardized callings list to include outliers, or to allow non-standard OTHER callings (anything marked as OTHER would display, regardless of what it says). Please don't misunderstand: I love every improvement being made to LDS.ORG and all its satellite sites. What an improvement we're seeing!

What do you say?

Kindest regards,
David

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”