New Mormon Channel iPhone/iPod App Available

Any discussions around the Mormon Radio Channel App on various mobile and electronic devices
jacksbr-p40

New LDS Mobile Resources Website

Post by jacksbr-p40 »

There's a new site that summarizes many resources for LDS members with iPhones, Androids, Blackberries or Windows Mobile devices. It also places the Mormon Channel at the top of the list and lists it as a "MUST HAVE" with a 10 out of 10 score.
http://www.ldsmobile.net
zaneclark

Cellular not working....

Post by zaneclark »

Only the radio gets reception through the cellular network.... All others require wifi... I read an earlier post where this had been reported and another that said it had been corrected.... Could it be a problem with my network?
RBabbitt

Mormon Radio Issues

Post by RBabbitt »

I was listening to Mormon Radio on my way in to work every morning and had gotten to Moroni 2. Now the application won't continue. I'll try to troubleshoot to see if it is only after that passage if you are interested. I'm in Utah Valley and have an iPhone 4 with iOS 4.3. I've rebooted my phone several times since this started. I believe it started just before I installed iOS 4.3, not afterwards.

Alt.Raymond.Babbitt@gmail.com
kshowa

Need older Mormon channel version

Post by kshowa »

I have an older generation itouch and was told the highest iOS
I can update to is 4.2.1, but the current Mormon Channel states
that I need iOS 5 to run it.

Where can I get an older version of Mormon channel, or a version
that uses iOS 4.2.1?
r36_9346

Developers: Please restore compatibility with iOS 4.2 in the next version.

Post by r36_9346 »

kshowa wrote:I have an older generation itouch and was told the highest iOS
I can update to is 4.2.1, but the current Mormon Channel states
that I need iOS 5 to run it.

Where can I get an older version of Mormon channel, or a version
that uses iOS 4.2.1?

I have an iPhone 3G and am in the same situation. If you don't already have an older version of the Mormon Channel app (prior to v 4.5, which was the first to break compatibility with iOS 4.x), the only way to get it on your iPod Touch is if the devs update the app to restore compatibility with iOS 4.2.1.
jtprete

Post by jtprete »

R36_9346 wrote:I have an iPhone 3G and am in the same situation. If you don't already have an older version of the Mormon Channel app (prior to v 4.5, which was the first to break compatibility with iOS 4.x), the only way to get it on your iPod Touch is if the devs update the app to restore compatibility with iOS 4.2.1.

Me too! Please restore compatability with iOS 4.2.1!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jtprete wrote:Me too! Please restore compatability with iOS 4.2.1!
Please note that these pleas for the developers to do something are probably not being heard on this forum. This is a community-supported forum, and there's no guarantee that anyone on the development team reads any of these posts. If you want to make sure your request is heard, please follow the instructions for reporting issues found in Gospel Library support - iPhone.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

Thanks Alan, that's the best place anyway for that.

However the broader argument for retaining compatibility with older versions of iOS is there, simply because of one fact, and we hear this every time a new Apple device is released to be sold. That is, these devices sell by the millions very quickly as people switch over and drop their old ones. That means that the wireless providers often sell the older ones to others who want something that works with a lot of apps even though it is a couple of versions back.

There will be a point in the end that the older iPhones and Touches will be useless, they are not obsolete quite yet. But for now almost all except the first three iPhones (before 3GS) and maybe the first couple Touch iterations are in heavy use among users still. Androids have the same fast-sell and fast-replace life cycles with older devices going to those that only want an older one because it's cheaper, not with less app availability and compatibility.
zhoushamu

3 issues

Post by zhoushamu »

When downloading content, the app resets. So if I want to download a couple of episodes, I have to find the series again and then scroll to the next episode so I can download it. When trying to download the ensign while connected via wifi, it's really time consuming to select each article to download. It would be very nice to be able to download the entire magazine worth of files all at once.

The app looks very nice and the controls are working better than the last beta. Thanks for a great app that delivers a lot of great content.

Finally, when I tried to send a bug report via the app, I received an undeliverable report:
Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:
AA-BH@ldschurch.org
Your message can't be delivered because delivery to this address is restricted.

Return to “Mormon Radio Channel”