Beta Directory Issues

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

atticusewig wrote:Sure, it's easy to enter a website administrator in MLS.
It's much easier for an admin to appoint another admin
from the web, but ...
Keep in mind that the pattern that we are going to is that MLS is the data entry point. That applies to ALL callings, not just web admin. That is the new data model. MLS -> CDOL -> other applications.

In the next version, the callings will all update from MLS. So a good portion of the job of web the admin just disappeared.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

Alan_Brown wrote: What Ryan was talking about is the Website Administrator position, which is a standard calling specified in MLS, is transmitted to CDOL, and affects what the person with that calling can do in the beta directory and calendar.
Not even aware Website Administrator existed in MLS (outside of LUWS)...thanks for pointing it out.
zaneclark

Beta Directory Offline Today?

Post by zaneclark »

Has anyone else had a problem in opening the beta directory today? I haven't been able to access it since early this morning.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

zaneclark wrote:Has anyone else had a problem in opening the beta directory today? I haven't been able to access it since early this morning.
You're not the only one. I don't know about all day, but it doesn't work right now. Hopefully it comes back better than ever soon. :)
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

I may have missed this already, but why can't I access an individuals IOS from the directory? Currently, the only way I can do it is to view the list of callings, and then click on an individual name to bring up a floating window with the IOS on… surely the IOS should be available straight from the directory for those with appropriate access?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

dannykos wrote:I may have missed this already, but why can't I access an individuals IOS from the directory? Currently, the only way I can do it is to view the list of callings, and then click on an individual name to bring up a floating window with the IOS on… surely the IOS should be available straight from the directory for those with appropriate access?
The IOS is part of the Leadership and Clerk Resources application which is currently separate from the Directory application. It might be nice to have links from the directory to the leadership tools (for those with an appropriate calling) but personally I would prefer the developers work on getting the core functionality of both applications done before worrying about niceties like this.

Note that in the Leadership and Clerk tools you don't have to find a member in the calling list to get to their record. There is a box in the upper right corner labeled Member Lookup. Click there and then type in the name of the member you're looking for. It will display a list of matching members. Selecting a member from the list will bring up the floating membership record box.
zaneclark

Still no directory

Post by zaneclark »

Anyone know when the directory will be back online?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

zaneclark wrote:Anyone know when the directory will be back online?
I was able to get in just fine. The leadership took a little while to load, but it did finally load.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

ryan jones wrote:I was able to get in just fine. The leadership took a little while to load, but it did finally load.
I still can't open the directory. Maybe I need to hold my mouth different or something.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

zaneclark wrote:I still can't open the directory. Maybe I need to hold my mouth different or something.
The site appears to be working fine. Try clearing your cookies and browser cache and try again.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”