Webcast Communicator Availability

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

JedWare wrote:We will be testing out this shortly so hopefully the new version works well.

Let us know how it works. The last unit was too pricey for us.
starkjs
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by starkjs »

Please let us know how it goes Jed.
jedware

Post by jedware »

We just ran a test this weekend and needless to say we ran into some problems. The video seemed stable and acceptable but the audio was full of compression buzz and audio pops. Not sure if it is something that needs some mixing adjustments or a bad unit.

We tried various configurations of the Audio input level but nothing totally alleviated the sound issues.

We compared to our old slingbox solution and it was a night and day comparision in audio quality.
starkjs
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by starkjs »

Was this using a recently purchased Communicator? I'm checking with our manufacturer to see if they can reproduce the issue. Can you tell me what profile you were using at the time?
jedware

Post by jedware »

starkjs wrote:Was this using a recently purchased Communicator? I'm checking with our manufacturer to see if they can reproduce the issue. Can you tell me what profile you were using at the time?

Yes. We just purchased the communicator last week.

We were using the High profile. Is there someone I should contact to work through this issue? We are debating on whether to return the unit.
starkjs
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by starkjs »

Yes, please contact the Global Service Desk (801-240-4357). They will be able to troubleshoot the issue with you and escalate it to our engineers as needed.

Cheers,
Jacob
jedware

Post by jedware »

I was able to contact the service desk and they referred me to the Church office in Riverton for testing. They were very helpful and after testing were able to confirm my unit was not working correctly and I was able to recieve another unit to use for Stake conference in a week.

All my previous concerns with audio are now cleared up with this new unit. We will be doing a test run this weekend to test the whole system and this gives me a bit more confidence in the system working as a whole.

Thanks to all those that helped troubleshoot this problem.
starkjs
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by starkjs »

Thanks for this update and it was wonderful to meet you in person yesterday.

Cheers,
Jacob

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”