LDS Tools....New App

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

Looks like Biggles found it works OK for him, and he's in England, so I wonder if something was just down when the other person tried it in Mexico. Or does it simply not port things in for non-English speaking units?
broro5

Post by broro5 »

zaneclark wrote:Does anyone know who to send some feedback to? There are a couple of small problems...
Yeah, I'm having a problem signing in with my LDS Account. I've successfully logged in at https://apps.lds.org/sign-in/go/login.jsf with my account info, but for some reason, the LDS Tools app won't accept it. :confused:
greenwoodkl

Post by greenwoodkl »

It appears several LDS.org sites have been down today including new.lds.org where the tools are stored. I would try again later if you can't get in right now. I'd test it myself, but I'm a lowly assistant clerk and don't have rights yet. :P <<grin>>
kcowolf

Post by kcowolf »

Didn't realize how far along this was. Neat to hear it's out for the iPhone, but hoping the Android version isn't too far behind. ;)
slottved

Post by slottved »

Well, the Android version is coming along (https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/LDS ... or_Android). :-)

We could really use more developers in that project. So, if you know how to do Android programming please consider joining our community project. You're more than welcome to post me a message if you want to join!
natedavis

Post by natedavis »

JamesAnderson wrote:I'm wondering if it is using partly a LUWS backend due to the reports of it not working in Mexico and the UK. If so, how soon will it be before some of the functionality can be used outside the US/Canada?
It is not using LUWS. We are using the new Directory / Calendar API provided by the church. The same one that new.lds.org/directory is using, so the data is in perfect sync.

We are working on support for different languages as well as support from the Directory team on getting access to data from outside the US & Canada. For those in the UK, the current model seems to work, but will need some tweeks in order to get it working bug free. There are lots of things in the pipeline we are working on, and you are free to vote on what you want done first here:

https://tech.lds.org/jira/browse/MMIP

Just tap "Open" in the top right to see all the Open tickets of future bugs and improvements.
awheeler87

Post by awheeler87 »

Thanks to the developers of this app, its great to see all this technology coming to good use and helping the ward and stake leaders to be more organised within their callings.

One issue I'm having with LDS Tools...I downloaded the LDS Tools App, The "Directory" tab works perfectly fine, however nothing appears when I open the "Callings" and "Events" Tab. It shows my ward at the top but the screen is blank.

Is anyone else having this issue???
natedavis

Post by natedavis »

Yeah, it seems quite a few people are having that problem currently. Turns out there is an issue with the Directory API at Church HQ. Hopefully they get on that quick.
pete_arnett-p40

Apple iPhone Applications Directory Comparison

Post by pete_arnett-p40 »

Need your input

Events were not compared

=====================================================================
Vendor: LDS Application: LDS Tools

Data is from the Directory at the new.lds.org, which appears to be provided by Member and Leader Services (MLS)

Members:
Spouse - not indicated
Household - all are shown and linked

Callings are feed from MLS

Telephone Numbers:
Household Phone - does not show, if person has an Individual number
Individual Phone - show

E-Mail Address:
Household E-mail - does not show
Individual E-mail - shown

Address:
Street1 - shown
Street2 - shown (one address it caused issues with city ...)
City - shown
Postal - shown
State - shown

=====================================================================
Vendor: Avikey Software Application: iStake

Data is from Local Unit Web Site (LUWS), with member's information feed to LUWS from
Member and Leader Services (MLS)

Members:
Spouse - shown and linked
Household - shown and not linked

Callings are read from Local Unit Web Site (LUWS), which are manually updated

Telephone Numbers:
Household Phone - shown
Individual Phone - does not show

E-Mail Address:
Household E-mail - does not show
Individual E-mail - shown

Address:
Street1 - shown
Street2 - shown
City - shown
Postal - shown
State - shown

Notes:
1) MLS (Member and Leader Services)
2) LUWS (Local Unit Web Sites)
:cool: Your Fellow Servant,
Porter (Pete) Lee Arnett Jr.
USA
unixguy

Binaries for webOS?

Post by unixguy »

I just downloaded LDS Tools for the iPhone and shared the news (of the apps, not that I downloaded it) with the Bishops and Stake Presidency, as well as a few other members that I knew would be interested in it.

One of them has a palm pre, but he couldn't find any installation files to install (although we found the source code). I don't know anything about building an installation package for the Pre though.

Are there any nightly build packages or relatively stable builds that could be made available and linked from the project page?

He's not a developer type, so I'm not sure that asking him to install the palm sdk is going to be something that works out well.

If having a "packager" is something that the project needs and I can figure it out, I'd be happy to give it a try.

Thanks

Return to “Member Tools”