LDS Tools....New App

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

kgthunder wrote:I hope that you expand to other platforms before adding every requested feature so those of us not on Apple can use it. :D
The LDS Tools Wiki lists several platforms in addition to the iPhone for LDS Tools.....how many of these are now available?
unixguy

Post by unixguy »

If having a "packager" is something that the project needs and I can figure it out, I'd be happy to give it a try.
Having gone through the process of packaging (which is necessary in order to install it), I'm guessing that there's not much of a value added for someone to just be a packager. (I packaged it up and provided it to the Bishop's counselor who was interested in it.)

However, I have another question-- when I run the app in my webOS emulator, it never asked about downloading stake data like the iPhone did, and as a result I only have sample data. (I'm using version 0.4.5.) How do I encourage it do do the download, and is there a more direct place for platform specific questions?
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

Antho wrote:Thanks to the developers of this app, its great to see all this technology coming to good use and helping the ward and stake leaders to be more organised within their callings.

One issue I'm having with LDS Tools...I downloaded the LDS Tools App, The "Directory" tab works perfectly fine, however nothing appears when I open the "Callings" and "Events" Tab. It shows my ward at the top but the screen is blank.

Is anyone else having this issue???
It seemed like the beta version of this app would download your ward directory only and not the stake or events info if you downloaded it using the cellular network. To get the complete data download you had to use a wifi connection.

But I haven't tested this on the non-beta version, and I might be confusing this issue with the iStake app.
pete_arnett-p40

How Long Before MLS Updates are Available for Download

Post by pete_arnett-p40 »

Please advise how long

Updated calling on MLS desktop and did a send/rec at about 09:00 EDT and at 14:22 EDT the changes have not appeared

Please advise how long before the updates are available at new,lds,org and can be down loaded to iPhone :LDS Tools"
:cool: Your Fellow Servant,
Porter (Pete) Lee Arnett Jr.
USA
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

pete_arnett wrote:Please advise how long

Updated calling on MLS desktop and did a send/rec at about 09:00 EDT and at 14:22 EDT the changes have not appeared

Please advise how long before the updates are available at new,lds,org and can be down loaded to iPhone :LDS Tools"
CDOL normally processes those changes quickly (less than 15 minutes) and then they are visible on new.lds.org right away. I think the service for LDS Tools looks at the overnight view of the data.

For today there was an issue over the weekend and CDOL's processing of the MLS changes backed up. They are now being processed and should be caught up in the next few hours.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

zaneclark wrote:The LDS Tools Wiki lists several platforms in addition to the iPhone for LDS Tools.....how many of these are now available?
Again, which platforms are up and running?
natedavis

Post by natedavis »

zaneclark wrote:Again, which platforms are up and running?
Zane, Sorry to not post sooner... Right now, it looks like only the iPhone / iPad version is available. I am not a developer on the others, but have tried the Alpha version for Blackberry on one of the stake presidency's phones, and I couldn't get it to work. I know work is being done, but I really don't know the status or how long they are out for a 1.0 release. It looks like the Android version is shooting for a November Release for 1.0...
https://tech.lds.org/jira/browse/MMA#se ... dmap-panel

And with the blackberry, I am unsure...
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/LDS ... BlackBerry

Hope that helps....
Nate
unixguy

versions available?

Post by unixguy »

zaneclark wrote:Again, which platforms are up and running?
I packaged the webOS version and provided it to the 2nd counselor in my bishopric-- he's quite impressed with it (especially since it's still an early version).

It turns out to be pretty easy to create the webOS installation package.
unixguy

Post by unixguy »

NateDavis wrote:...have tried the Alpha version for Blackberry on one of the stake presidency's phones, and I couldn't get it to work.
OH! My stake president is going to call me this week to install it on his blackberry. I'll cross my fingers-- he knows it's not a "released" version and may not work, but it would be nice to have it for him. He's definitely a fan of this technology!
dwh33

Post by dwh33 »

I am very excited about this app, but I am having similar problems to some of the reviewers of the app on iTunes. I log in and enter my credentials. The program then downloads up to 98% of the data, fades out and eventually closes. When I try to reopen the app, it starts with the splash screen and then shuts down. I also tried it on my wife's phone with her credentials and the result was the same. We are both running iOS 4.1 with iphone/itouch. We are in a ward in New York, if location matters.

I think there is a place to comment about bugs within the program, but I can't get there, so I hope this is an okay forum. Thanks!

Return to “Member Tools”