LDS account on LDScatalog

Discussions about other Church websites
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

Alan_Brown wrote:I don't know. I sent feedback several weeks ago pointing this out, but have heard nothing back, and there has been no change. As an assistant stake clerk, I have done much of the ordering for our stake, and now I have no access to the administrative materials on the new store.lds.org. That's a big step backwards, in my opinion; we certainly don't want the stake presidency to be burdened with placing orders.
Assistant ward clerks have apparently been locked out as well. It was working for me on a previous version. Agreed as a big oversight.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

As of a couple of days ago, as a Stake Clerk, I could order online for the stake and bill directly to the stake.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

jshawut wrote:As of a couple of days ago, as a Stake Clerk, I could order online for the stake and bill directly to the stake.
Still no go for the assistant ward clerks. :(
cbradford

Instructions for Curriculum 2011

Post by cbradford »

Where is this? I can't find it anywhere. My bishop claims not to have received one in the mail. Is there a download? Thanks.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mechman02 wrote:Where is this? I can't find it anywhere. My bishop claims not to have received one in the mail. Is there a download? Thanks.

There is no download available (at least at this point). This has been discussed in the thread Annual Church Materials Order, which contains a link to the 2010 version. If your bishop does not have a printed copy, I would recommend that you contact Distribution Services' Global Service Center and request one to be mailed to him.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
rolfejr

A link to the old site would be helpful

Post by rolfejr »

Alan_Brown wrote:I don't know. I sent feedback several weeks ago pointing this out, but have heard nothing back, and there has been no change. As an assistant stake clerk, I have done much of the ordering for our stake, and now I have no access to the administrative materials on the new store.lds.org. That's a big step backwards, in my opinion; we certainly don't want the stake presidency to be burdened with placing orders.
I agree. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to order office supplies. Through email correspondence with the address under the "contact us" page on the new site, I was told that the only way to order office supplies was by phone. Period. Are you kidding me? So thank you for posting the direct link above. It would have sure been helpful to put that link on the new web page instead of a blanket statement that "online ordering will be available soon." All we needed was the link!
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

oregonmatt wrote:Assistant ward clerks have apparently been locked out as well. It was working for me on a previous version. Agreed as a big oversight.

Yes. I am in the same situation. I have resorted to buying printer toner locally.
rolfejr

Actually, I stand corrected.

Post by rolfejr »

rolfejr wrote:I agree. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to order office supplies. Through email correspondence with the address under the "contact us" page on the new site, I was told that the only way to order office supplies was by phone. Period. Are you kidding me? So thank you for posting the direct link above. It would have sure been helpful to put that link on the new web page instead of a blanket statement that "online ordering will be available soon." All we needed was the link!
The link does get you into the old site but the link to order office supplies is broken (although the Canadian link works???). This is a big frustration. Is there seriously absolutely no way to order office supplies online? Could this not have been worked out on the new system before this functionality was taken away? Honestly, who orders by phone anymore? Is there a catalog I can look at to know what is even available? I guess I will use the link above, log in with our old information, go to the Canadian site, find the product I want, then call the US number, wait on hold, and eventually get the order placed. Grrr. Either that or we're just going to buy locally and submit for reimbursement until this is figured out (hopefully soon).
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

rolfejr wrote:Is there a catalog I can look at to know what is even available?
Yes. My stake has a rather large 2010 catalog for Staples that was mailed to us. Alternatively, you can just go to staples.com, find the items you want, record the item number and, once you have everything, call in the order. The only difference will be the price you pay for each item - it will be much cheaper if you call it in.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Online office supplies ordering now available

Post by kisaac »

rolfejr wrote: Is there seriously absolutely no way to order office supplies online?
As of 11-30-2010: The on-line link now seems to work, IF you are on the list of those with callings that allow them to buy...

Go to new.lds.org and chose "online store," click "administrative materials," (bottom right) then it will make you sign-in (apparent restrictions based on callings) and if allowed, eventually you get to the "administrative materials" page...find the middle "office supplies" box, click to order your office supplies online...and you arrive at Staples E-way. You can order, have it billed to your unit, and sent to your bishop, like before.

I just placed a toner order, and the price seemed very reasonable and in line with other companies. If it arrives, the online process is back.

Return to “Other Websites”