Well, I am ready to throw my hands up in the air and call uncle. I can make very little sense out of the multiple threads posted on this site saying to do this or do that, nor can I make little sense out of the original messages sent down on the 8th, nor the pdf notice that just came out. No matter how hard I try I cannot seem to make sense out of the numbers I am seeing in the (after CUB's) transition.
Balancing budgets either in the Budget categories or in the Other Categories is beyond me at this time because the numbers just don't add up no matter which way I look at it.
So, to get on with business I tried figuring out what portion of the "allocated funds" we as a stake need to send to each unit. I have compared all four allocation letters that have been sent out with quarterly allocations and compared that with the Budget Allocation Report now in CUBS. Yet even they don't add up to a number that makes sense.
: Budget Allocation Report (1 Jan 2010 - 27 Oct 2010)
Total allocation for the stake is $79,282.25
(that includes all four allocations to our nine wards and branches in the stake)
After all the lines showing the quarterly allocations there is an additional line at the end of the page that reads:
20 Oct 2010 LUBA Balance Transfer for CFAR SYS CD and Unit: 00 $90,306.59
This all totals up to $169,588.84
The next line down states that our stakes remaining budget as of 27 Oct 2010 is $169,588.84
However when I compare this with the latest Stake Financial Summary report that was sent to our Stake President yesterday the bottom line doesn't match.
Our quarterly allocations total $79,282.25
Carry over from 2009 is $58,781.78
This comes to a total of $138,064.03
Total spent so far this year $47,757.44
leaving a balance of $90,306.59
(which equates to that last line in the Budget Allocation Report).
So it looks to me like the Budget Allocation Report in MLS used incorrect data or at least an incorrect accounting method to come up with erroneous balances. Rather than the actual balance remaining in the stake budget of $90,306.59, the most recent report shows we have $169,588.84 which isn't correct.
The report is giving erroneous balances which just confuses matters rather then helping. So it makes me wonder what else in the data that is showing up in the post CUBS transition is right.
Sorry for the long missive here but hopefully it shows in part what is causing most of us out in the stakes some real headaches. Hopefully this will all work itself out but right now it is so far messed up that I doubt without an accountant coming in and working through this some of us dunderheads are in over our heads.