New Mobile Apps Available

mkpolansky

Post by mkpolansky »

I apologize for steering this towards the BlackBerry, but...

I have a BlackBerry Torch and would like to add Gospel Library to it. The application would appear to have downloaded just fine, but cannot seem to load any content after selecting "Manage Library".

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
pfnelson

Gospel Library support for Kindle?

Post by pfnelson »

Is the Kindle supported for the Gospel Library?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

pfnelson wrote:Is the Kindle supported for the Gospel Library?
It looks like a project was started (see the wiki page at Gospel Library for Amazon Kindle), but not much has happened with it. But there are a couple of suggestions for how to get scripture content to the Kindle on that page.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
dm19134-p40

Post by dm19134-p40 »

I have used Yanceyware Reader for some time and recently switched to an HTC EVO. I'm also very glad for the Android version of the Scriptures. Is there anyway to get my annotations imported to LDS Scriptures?
jasonhyer

LDS Tools for Android scheduled for release November 11th

Post by jasonhyer »

:D
For all of you Android fans who have been waiting for us to catch up with the iPhone apps, the wait is just about over for the Android version of LDS Tools. We have scheduled the release of the app to the Android market on November 11th.

LDS Tools for Android currently includes ward and stake directories for your local unit and lists callings for each unit. You can see names, phone numbers, email addresses and physical addresses for members of your unit. Functionality includes dialing or emailing members from the app, viewing family members and looking up member's addresses in Google Maps.

Future functionality will include the ability to add members to your contact list, create custom lists of members, view ward and stake calendars, and much more.

For more information, check out the LDS Tools Wiki https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/LDS ... or_Android
Jason Hyer
jasonhyer

LDS Tools for Android delayed for short time

Post by jasonhyer »

jasonhyer wrote::D
We have scheduled the release of the app to the Android market on November 11th.

As you can see, November 11th and come and gone and LDS Tools for Android is not on the Android Market. Due to some internal reviews of the app that have taken longer than anticipated, the release date is currently delayed. We do not know an exact date but we hope that everything will be resolved within the next week.

We will be sure to post the news as soon as the app is available.
Jason Hyer
jasonhyer

No way to import annotations

Post by jasonhyer »

dm19134 wrote:I have used Yanceyware Reader for some time and recently switched to an HTC EVO. I'm also very glad for the Android version of the Scriptures. Is there anyway to get my annotations imported to LDS Scriptures?

We currently do not have a way to import annotations from one tool to the LDS Gospel Library for Android. The app is currently undergoing a major revision that is changing the database and the way that annotations are made and recorded. Ultimately, the app will be able to sync annotations with the study tools on new.lds.org.

If anybody out there with some Android programming knowledge is willing to try and build a utility that will import the annotations, we would be happy to work with them. Other than that, we are back in the situation similar to buying a new set of scriptures. Nice new clean pages with that new book smell but none of the red pencil marks made over years of study.:(
Jason Hyer
jasonhyer

LDS Tools Released to Android Market Today

Post by jasonhyer »

LDS Tools for Android has now been released to the Android Market. You can search for "LDS Tools" on the market and for more information on the release and to see enhancements for future upgrades, you can go to the wiki page for known issues at: https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/LDS ... own_Issues

Please be sure to rate the app and give us your feedback. We are already working on new enhancements and will continue to make this a tool that will be vaulable to use for members and leaders.
Jason Hyer
mmathson

Post by mmathson »

Awesome, thanks much Jason, the Church and community for this great app! Can't wait for some of the enhanced features (calendar etc)
thenmen-p40

Android E-books

Post by thenmen-p40 »

Android E-Book readers. …. Well, they are supposed to be the hot gift this season. My wife and her friends all have them. They are not cell phones, just readers with wifi, so how do I grab this app for them? Most do not provide access to the market place either. The LDS Tech has older .APK files to download but they are not .APK packages but zipped packages for developers. What to do? And please make it easy for those less tech savvy.

Return to “Mobile Applications”