LDS tools Android production version

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
elderlarryhawkes

Post by elderlarryhawkes »

aebrown wrote:I generated a custom report with names and MRNs, then copied the results to a spreadsheet, where I could put three columns per page in a small but reasonable font. Some wards fit on one page, and others may take front and back, but it can be done pretty compactly.
I gave this a try tonight and it worked fairly easily. I exported and attached the custom report file (the file that contains format for the custom report) that can be used to import into the custom reports on MLS if you want to test it and see an example of a custom report with some basic info and MRNs. You can then adjust the format of the report in MLS to your liking.
You will need to change the extension on this attached file from .txt to .mls after you download it and before you import it into the custom reports. After that, open MLS and go the the reports and then custom reports and then click on import at the bottom left of the screen.
Once imported you can then open the report and then instead of printing the report, use the save to file button. You can then open that new file into a spreadsheet and then use the spreadsheet as needed.

This method is not nearly as nice as WardTools or other 3rd party options that used the MLS export function, but it's still fast and at your fingertips.
Attachments
Ward Data Export.txt
(428 Bytes) Downloaded 291 times
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

elderlarryhawkes wrote:I gave this a try tonight and it worked fairly easily. I exported and attached the custom report file (the file that contains format for the custom report) that can be used to import into the custom reports on MLS if you want to test it and see an example of a custom report with some basic info and MRNs. ...

This method is not nearly as nice as WardTools or other 3rd party options that used the MLS export function, but it's still fast and at your fingertips.

One could even take that one step further. Technically it would be quite easy to write a script that would run on any clerk's machine (or other Windows box) without installing any new software, that could merge the MRNs from a custom MLS report back into Membership.csv. But I think it would be folly to publish such a script because this hole is bound to be closed once the policymakers realize that their intent was incompletely implemented. Better to respect that intent, I think, and focus on a more secure method of including this data element in LDS Tools someday.
boydwc

The Link is for Gospel Library: Please Correct

Post by boydwc »

The link provided on the page listed below says it is LDS Tools, but you will download Gospel Library when you click on it.
jasonhyer wrote:The production version of LDS Tools is posted on the main LDS Tools for Android wiki site at https://tech.lds.org/wiki/LDS_Tools_for_Android. We will work to keep this updated with future releases.
boydwc

Post by boydwc »

I tried to download the LDS tools from the page below, but I got Gospel Library instead. Please fix the link so that you download LDS Tools. Thank you.
jasonhyer wrote:The production version of LDS Tools is posted on the main LDS Tools for Android wiki site at https://tech.lds.org/wiki/LDS_Tools_for_Android. We will work to keep this updated with future releases.
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

The link to LDS Tools on the wiki has been fixed and points to the current production version of LDS Tools.
Jason Hyer
ddmorg

Post by ddmorg »

The link is not working currently.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”