LDS Tools....New App

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

lmitchel wrote:I have only been able to download information twice in the last week. The last time was on the 16th. Both times, I was only able to download once, then I got the same error on subsequent tries.
After not being able to download information since my last post, I finally resorted to reinstalling the app after deleting it. All appears to be well in LDS Tools again.
lmitchel

Post by lmitchel »

jbh001 wrote:After not being able to download information since my last post, I finally resorted to reinstalling the app after deleting it. All appears to be well in LDS Tools again.
Thanks for letting me know. After reinstalling the app, it started downloading the info again. It had been failing at 3%. I tried it a couple of times successfully.
Laurence Mitchell
jgthomas

Post by jgthomas »

mavenmom wrote:P.S. I wish the children can be hidden while I'm scrolling for names. Seems like it clutters the contact list when there aren't that many people looking for them.

Tap the "Group By" button in the top right corner, then select "Households Only". This will remove the children from the list.
angell

Post by angell »

lmitchel wrote:Thanks for letting me know. After reinstalling the app, it started downloading the info again. It had been failing at 3%. I tried it a couple of times successfully.

I have an iPod Touch and my dad has an iPad. I occasionally have this problem, but my dad is lucky if he can ever get it to DL. We have both reinstalled the app at various times and this does fix the problem, but it doesn't stay fixed. Right now my dad is at over two weeks since his last DL and doesn't want to have to reinstall again since that would lose the custom lists he has set up. Any other solutions, or does anyone know what the cause is yet?
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

On the tech site for LDS Tools, they are aware of this bug and are trying to fix it.... I don't understand 90% of what they are talking about on that site but I think I understood this one....
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

just downloaded version 1.0.5 - and now I am getting "unable to connect to data service" - Have deleted and reinstalled, and also restarted my device… think there's a problem.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

I downloaded app on Monday evening. Didn't have any problems in using. However, I have heard of one other person, in our Stake, who can't get it to work. I don't know if they have done any of the deleting, rebooting etc. He is using an IPhone. I use an IPodTouch 32Gb. Whether this has any bearing on the matter. I know not.

I'm very pleased with the way the app is progressing. Especially retaining the Calendar data. Something I made a suggestion about when it was first released.
neilloffhagen

Post by neilloffhagen »

I'm experiencing problem downloading on my iPad. Had 1.0.4 which would not allow any conection. Deleted that version, then installed v1.0.5 and now connects and starts the download but never finishes. Keep getting "error unable to connect to data services". It once said it had reached 103% download and still got the same error. Wondering if this is my iPad connection dropping or an issue with the app?
BellMR

Post by BellMR »

Rebooting my iPod fixed my download issue (for now).
danmcf

Post by danmcf »

Great App... I was said to see Istake as I used it all the time. Being free is a huge plus and so far I see no issues. Also the ability to add notes is wonderful.

Is this app going to become available for other mobile devices?

I can't wait for the additional access for leadership callings.

Return to “Member Tools”