Workaround to fix calendar sync problems

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
clementsms

I got it to work with the latest work-around.

Post by clementsms »

I got it to work in the latest work-around, but the events did not show up in the google calendar until i clicked on the calendar name to hide it and then clicked on the name again to show it. so refreshing the calendar in this maner seemed to make it work. or it just for some reason decited to work at the same time I did that.

Thanks for the help everyone, and hopefully there will be a permanent fix soon
riongull

Genius. All better now.

Post by riongull »

Thanks for this workaround. If you (the brain that made the workaround) haven't already done this you might consider volunteering to help develop this feature.
steinhnj

Post by steinhnj »

Worked great! Thanks!
chadtew

Post by chadtew »

Another happy customer. I had no success with the LDS provided solution. Yours works as stated.

Thanks samliddicott.

DroidX using google calendar.
skiddlyarcus

Post by skiddlyarcus »

knelsonb wrote:I have used the workaround and it works great to get the calendar to show up on my computer. I can't get the church calendar items to show up on my ipod touch or my husband's Palm Pixi phone. Do you have any suggestions? I am new to Google calendar, so I welcome any help.

Thanks!
Barbara
I've been working on a presentation on how to use the new calendar in our ward and here's what my son and I found on how to get the lds.org/church-calendar to show up on an ipod touch 4g:

First, get your calendar number from lds.org by going to the calendar at http://lds.org/church-calendar" then choose "options | sync". Keep this page on your computer ... you'll need the long number in a minute.

(If you want to save yourself some typing, copy the "outlook" link to your email, but modify the URL so that it says "webcal://" instead of "webcals://", then mail it to yourself and copy in on the ipod by selecting it and choosing "copy".)

On the ipod, Go to "settings | mail, contacts, calendar | add accounts | other | add subscribed calendar"
Use the following URL (or the one you copied earlier) substituting the long number from lds.org in place of ***YourNumberHere***:
webcal://lds.org/church-calendar/services/lucrs/ical/subscribe/***YourNumberHere***

This seems to work to add the church calendar directly into the calendar on the ipod as a subscribed calendar.
stangwin

Post by stangwin »

Used your link: Worked fine. Thanks.

Used the following link:
https://new.lds.org/church-calendar/ser ... be/xxxxxxx.

Google dropped the 's' on https and then it worked. Interesting that when I entered it without the 's' it would NOT work.
dmillar68

Post by dmillar68 »

I have tried all of the above instructions and was only successful when using the wrap around. I also tried generating a new "key" prior to each attempt. It's good to have a working calendar, but the problem is still there.
BellMR

Post by BellMR »

Here's a little tid-bit which perhaps everyone already knows. Google never actually deletes anything, it archives/hides stuff. To that point, when I first tried to pull calendar data from LDS.org I renamed the Google calendar subscription to "Church"...now when I delete it and re-add it, the name "Church" returns. I'm not sure if that is important, but I really wish I could get a fresh attempt instead of restoring the old calendar subscription.
samliddicott

Post by samliddicott »

BellMR wrote:Here's a little tid-bit which perhaps everyone already knows. Google never actually deletes anything, it archives/hides stuff. To that point, when I first tried to pull calendar data from LDS.org I renamed the Google calendar subscription to "Church"...now when I delete it and re-add it, the name "Church" returns. I'm not sure if that is important, but I really wish I could get a fresh attempt instead of restoring the old calendar subscription.

I think it remembers the URL and the associated name in an attempt to be helpful. I think it may remember data - I've re-added an lds calendar had it appear instantly and then vanish to be replaced with an error message that it could not read the calendar.
stangwin

iPhone

Post by stangwin »

Anyone had any luck getting your subscribed "other" calendar in Google Calendars to show up on your Calendar App on your iPhone?

I can select it just fine from my m.google.com sync list, but it never shows up on my actual Calendar App.

The other suggestions from this and the other thread both worked well. Thanks.

Return to “Calendar”